The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 75mm Summicron-M f/2 lens

Vin Yette

I'm selling a beautiful, seldom used Leica 75mm Summicron-M f/2 lens (Serial number starting 3989xxx). The lens includes the original box, front and rear caps, leather case and paperwork.

I have uploaded some photos to my flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28253285@N05/sets/72157626543505463/

As you will see in the photos, the lens is just about perfect in nearly every respect. I tend to shy away from such descriptions, but this really is the case with this lens. The glass is clear with no marks, the aperture blades are perfect, and the exterior is blemish free. Functionally the lens is 100%.

The lens is not 6 bit coded, but this may be done either by Leica, DAG or self-coded by using a kit by Match Technical. I'm not a digital M shooter yet, but my understanding is that the only tangible benefit to coding the longer focal length lenses is that the image is tagged with 75mm Summicron in the exif data.

I'm asking $3100 for the lens (firm), shipped and paypal'd here in the States (I'm verified on Paypal). I believe the price to be fair as the lens is difficult to find currently, and it tends to be offered for more. I'm not much of a poster/buyer/seller here on GetGPI, but as a reference I can offer my ebay id - I have 100% positive feedback.

Thanks for looking. If you have any questions please ask through PM's.

Last edited: