The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M4-2

MCTuomey

For Sale (SOLD): Leica M4-2

Camera History and Condition Notes:

I purchased this camera last September from Photo Village who rated it Mint Minus. Prior to its purchase Photo Village had DAG prepare the camera for sale. The invoice describes the work as "Overhauled slow speeds, adjusted R/F, while in the camera cleaned, lubed, & adjusted where needed, camera is now in good working order." In a telephone conversation with DAG, he indicated the same and also commented that the camera's cosmetic condition was "very nice."

I intended to put a some "crazy" money into the camera - to make this black sheep Leica my own with a maybe a black paint finish, a new skin, etc - but that's not to be. I just recently found myself with an M4-P that's pretty much already outfitted the way I intended for the M4-2. Since I really need only one film M, the M4-2 is up for sale.

I've run about 12-14 rolls through the camera and, in my opinion, it's in excellent operating condition. Except for the one chip in the covering (see the picture of the right side base of the body), the cosmetic condition is overall very good. One small item in the interest of full disclosure: there is a small "gap" (and I mean almost tiny) on the upper right side of the 50mm framelines. I don't notice this at all in use, only under close examination. Also, the electrician's tape on each side above the strap lugs is there for protection only (forgot to remove it while taking the pics). There are no scratches beneath the tape.

Price (SOLD): US$700 plus shipping. Payment via money order, bank check, personal check (pause to clear before shipping), or paypal. Payment by paypal add $20 for fees.

Sale includes camera body and generic body cap only, NOT the lens or strap shown in pictures.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: