The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Fuji X100 UK £899

jonoslack

Hi There - my Fuji X100
2 weeks old, bought from Park Cameras (invoice included) for £999.99 on 7th May.

Strap and leads and CD unused (I put my own wrist strap on it).

Camera mint condition (pictures if need be).

Paypal +4% Bank Transfer otherwise

Carriage within UK included.

600 images taken with it.

If you're wondering why - it's because I have too many cameras, and it's neither small enough to go in my pocket nor good enough to replace my M9!

Sexy and fun to use isn't enough :)

hurry hurry or it's off to ebay! (or I might change my mind)

all the best

OlliL

Finally someone is selling below retail :thumbup:

If the GBP wasn't that strong, I'd know a few people...

This won't last long amnyway :p

jonoslack

Finally someone is selling below retail :thumbup:

If the GBP wasn't that strong, I'd know a few people...

This won't last long amnyway :p
Hi Olli
Maybe I'm foolish, and if there aren't any takers it'll go on ebay - but my couple of weeks with the camera was worth it to me, and it only seems fair to pass on a benefit.

OlliL

Hi Olli
Maybe I'm foolish, and if there aren't any takers it'll go on ebay - but my couple of weeks with the camera was worth it to me, and it only seems fair to pass on a benefit.
Hi Jono,

that's fair and I think it's wrong to ask a higher price, just because some earthquake stopped production. :rolleyes:

You used it and you reduced the price you paid accordingly.
I really appreciate that! :thumbup:

P.S. I paid below retail for mine and wouldn't have paid a fortune, just to have it earlier.

Kind regards
Oliver

Lazzaros

Hello,

payment by bank transfer would be ok?... I'm selling my 5DMKII and I'm thinking the X100 would be enough to my outdoors fashion shoots... Do you think the performance would be ok to this kind of photographs?

Regards,
Ivo

jonoslack

Hello,

payment by bank transfer would be ok?... I'm selling my 5DMKII and I'm thinking the X100 would be enough to my outdoors fashion shoots... Do you think the performance would be ok to this kind of photographs?

Regards,
Ivo
HI Ivo
Cleared bank transfer would be okay - I'm not sure how much it'd cost to ship to Portugal though - it might not be worth it to you once it was insured etc?

AS for replacing the 5DmkII for fashion outdoors - to be honest I'd have thought definitely not - I don't think it's quick enough!

All the best

jonoslack

Are you a member of fredmiranda.com? If not, that would be a great place to put it up for sale.
HI There
Good in the UK?
That's usually the problem - this place is great if you're in the States, but not so good in Europe it seems. I'd guess that fredmiranda is the same. Ebay usually does best, but it's such a bother!

thanks for the suggestion though.

all the best

Sparky16

Quite a few folks from UK frequent at FM.
Ebay does pretty well, but you'll have to pay almost 10% of selling price. :thumbdown:

Lazzaros

Thanks. I think I'll wait till the portuguese stores get more to see it and touch it first...

Good luck.

Regards,
Ivo

tom in mpls

I don't recall ever reading so many reviews that contain such laundry lists of negatives, yet conclude that the camera is great! I love mine so far; no match for the M9, but I couldn't get used to the focusing so I'm glad to have the Fuji.

Lots of hungry buyers at X100forum.com I would expect. It seems members are from all countries.

jonoslack

I don't recall ever reading so many reviews that contain such laundry lists of negatives, yet conclude that the camera is great! I love mine so far; no match for the M9, but I couldn't get used to the focusing so I'm glad to have the Fuji.

Lots of hungry buyers at X100forum.com I would expect. It seems members are from all countries.
Hi Tom - thanks for that - I'll bear it in mind - nothing seems to be happening here!