The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: P30+ or P40+ M mount

Terry

Don't rule out contacting dealers. There are a lot of backs coming in for trade ins. I know my P40+ with extremely low actuations will be at the dealer in the next couple of weeks.

Don Libby

Johnny - I'm in total agreement with Terry and Guy on this.

A Phase back having virtually no moving parts (I'll include the CF card door) they are rated at well over half-million shots (that's 500,000). The great thing w/buying from a dealer is that w/the right dealer you can buy w/confidence, that they will be there for you should you need them. Likewise Phase warrantees their refurbished backs with the same warranty as new backs.

Okay I know this is coming across as a huge sale pitch.

If it were me - I'd buy a lens used from someone I know. I'd think about buying a body from someone I knew. When it comes to buying a digital back I'd go directly to my deal of choice (Capture Integration).

As always just my 2¢

Don

djonesii

Workshop Member
I'll second looking at a dealer ..... having just make the jump to a p30+, for me, it was necessary to work with a dealer. That much money without a warranty is just way too much a risk.

I did my my ZD from the classifieds here, and it worked out great.

Dave

johnnygoesdigital

Thanks everyone! Yes, agreed, the dealer is the best option with DB's. I have put a few calls out to the fantastic dealers who post and advertise here with the thought that they'll read this post. When IQ's start shipping, perhaps, I can find a good DB soon.

Terry, would it be appropriate to ask which dealer yours would be available to? You can PM if you like. I'm not sure if they just re-sell a DB, or refurb and reset it. Thanks to all.