The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTT Leica 24mm f/2.8 ELMARIT-M for Nikon 200 2.0 VR

David K

Workshop Member
Having sold my M8 and being committed to the Nikon D3 this trade makes sense for me. Anybody out there want to go the other way. Cash adjustment as appropriate is no problem. Mine is LNIB with Leica IR filter, box, pouch, hood, etc.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Having sold my M8 and being committed to the Nikon D3 this trade makes sense for me. Anybody out there want to go the other way. Cash adjustment as appropriate is no problem. Mine is LNIB with Leica IR filter, box, pouch, hood, etc.
How did this happen!:confused:Weren t you trying to find uv/ir filters last week? Its getting very lonely holding out for Photokina. Roger

David K

Workshop Member
Roger, this is what happens when you leave me alone in the hot summer sun here in Florida :) I needed the filters for the buyer of my 75 cron and 50 lux. Sold the M8 and other lenses over the course of the last month or so and only have the 24mm Elmarit left.

woodyspedden

Hey Dr K

So sorry that I didn't know you were looking for one of these. I didn't have the 24 but I did have an absolute mint copy of the 28 1.4, altogether a rare and magnificent bird. I sold it to Kurt Kamka who I believe subsequently sold it to another to pursue the magical and expensive truth which is MFDB photography.

I loved this lens and perhaps Kurt can get you connected to the guy who bought it from him. This lens fetches greater than $3K so no bargain unless you understand what it can do for you. This, in tandem with the Hassy 110 2.0 is quite a "starters" kit for the D3.

Best

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Woody,
No problem... I almost bought Kurt's but timing is everything and I was in the process of digesting my digital back purchase and some lenses. These do come up from time to time and I'm in no hurry for it. It's a specialty lens for me but I really do think it's a remarkable optic and worth having. I should never have sold the one I had :)

David K

Workshop Member
I knew this was a long shot when I posted it. Anybody got anything else I might like... maybe a Nikon 300 2.8 VR :)

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks Jack, but the M8 is history for me. I'm simply not a rangefinder guy I guess. I've still got a lovely black M7 if I should ever get the urge and may just keep the 24 to shoot that with some B&W film from time to time.