The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rolleiflex 3.5F Planar with extras

kzphoto

I have a Rolleiflex 3.5F purchased from Camera West in the Summer of 2002 or 2003. This camera was my daily user for the better part of 8 years and it shows. The camera has wear marks, faded leather and some great stories to tell. The previous owner was a wedding photographer who screwed in the M-X bulb sync switch so the switch wouldn't swap over to the bulb setting. Handy for him but aesthetically, not so pleasing

Overall the camera is somewhere between BGN and Ugly by KEH standards. However, the camera has had a full CLA / Overhaul at Krimar Photo in NJ in 2008 for $400. Additionally, the taking lens was polished and re-coated by John van Stelten with Focal Point at a cost of $350. That said, when the camera was purchased I was made aware of a small mark on the front element, near the retaining ring / name ring. The mark is about 1-2 mm across and has no affect what so ever on any photograph I've ever taken with this camera.

The mechanics are smooth and responsive, the optics sharp and clear.

I am asking $875 for the camera, which will include a B+W UV filter to protect the fresh optics, the original lens cap and an original Rollei strap with the alligator style clips. I'll throw in a Rolleifix tripod plate for free!

_RIM0037 by kzamani, on Flickr

_RIM0038 by kzamani, on Flickr

_RIM0040 by kzamani, on Flickr

_RIM0041 by kzamani, on Flickr

_RIM0042 by kzamani, on Flickr

_RIM0043 by kzamani, on Flickr

_RIM0044 by kzamani, on Flickr

_RIM0045 by kzamani, on Flickr

Additionally, I have a bunch of filters and Rolleinars for sale:

Rolleinar 1 Bay II / 2 (a few specks on the taking lens, viewing lens is clear)

_RIM0047 by kzamani, on Flickr

Rolleinar 2 Bay II / 2 (a few specks on the taking lens, viewing lens has a few bits of dust)

_RIM0046 by kzamani, on Flickr
Asking $75 each for the Rolleinars

Filters all Bay II / 2:
Most of these filters have slight cleaning marks, but no haze or fungus!

Rollei U-V -0.5 (Top filter, does not have threads for mounting more filters upon it.)

Rolleisoft 1

Rollei B-2

Rollei B-1

Rollei R-5

Rollei R-2 -0.5

Rollei R-1 -0

Asking $40 each on the filters, or $30 each if you're buying a few.

Prices are based on KEH / RFF / eBay sales (closed auctions only.) If anything seems unreasonable, please contact me! Shipping is TBD, I usually ship insured with tracking and signature confirmation.

e-mail : kevin at kzphoto dot org

Last edited:

Godfrey

My gosh ...

These cameras always tug at my Magpie Syndrome. I love them: I learned photography with my grandfather's 1949 Rolleiflex and have owned several generations of different Rolleiflex TLR models over the years. I sold my last 3.5F Whiteface about a half dozen years ago.

But I swore to myself and will stick to my guns ... "No More Film Cameras!"
I hope it finds a good home!

kzphoto

@Godfrey: I hear ya! I have used this camera for a long time and I really love the images it produces. After recently buying a Fuji GW690III, I am using this camera less and less. It's unfortunate because the Rolleiflex makes gorgeous photographs, but the Fuji wins for having a coupled rangefinder and a larger negative.

kzphoto

$850 Shipped and insured?

$30 each for the filters, $20 each if you plan on buying 2 or more.

Also open to trades. Just send me a message.