The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Sony 500/f8 Reflex Lens

DanS

It is in as-new condition. I am the original owner of this lens. I purchased it new. I am selling it to fund other photographic items. FWIW, I have 100% positive feedback on eBay.

Sony 500/f8 Reflex Lens, with caps, ND filter, box, papers, US$750.00 firm

Buyer pays all shipping costs. I can ship international. I can deliver it within a 25 mile radius of Walnut Creek, CA if my price is met. Payment only by cash, PayPal (+ 3%), or Cashier's Check. Contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:

DanS

Re: FS: Sony 500/f8 Reflex Lens - REDUCED

OK, folks. The price is now US$650.00 If no one wants it I guess I'll keep it.

fotografz

Re: FS: Sony 500/f8 Reflex Lens - REDUCED

I have this lens. It is a great travel optic because it is so small and light weight.

Perhaps not many know that this lens is AF ... the only AF 500/8 Mirror that I know of. And it is pretty fast focusing! This makes a huge difference using a lens this long.

-Marc

DanS

Hi, Marc. Yes, I am aware of the auto-focus feature. Reflex lenses are very handy for sports photography. I had a Tamron 500mm Reflex when I shot film with Pentax. However, I decided to get the 70-400G because I feel it would be more versatile. I'm selling an exposure meter, flash, and camera bag to finance the 70-400G.

Thank you for your comments.