The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica M9 Titan Kit (new)

silverlight99

Its with great reluctance I'm looking to sell the M9T Kit I purchased a few months back. While I'd planned to actually use it rather than have it sit in a shelf, couldn't quite bring myself to use a camera of this value (and have since been offered the opportunity to acquire a rare musical instrument I'd really like to play everyday which would be a better use of capital right now). I've taken about 20-30 indoor only test shots with it (very fine handling and lighter weight vs regular M9 is appreciable - the camera body is over 40% lighter than a regular M9). Including a handful of pictures of the camera below. Local inspection is welcomed (NYC, USA). I can also provide references with a couple of the prominent U.S. Leica dealers with whom I've worked who could provide feedback (see also feedback thread here). Comes with all paperwork (warranty card, certificate of authenticity, test certificates for both the body and the lens, Adobe Lightroom license, dealer invoice, hardcover camera manual, hardcover book on history of the camera design). Asking $25,500.
Thank you.

Last edited:
D

dumplinknet

Re: FS: Leica M9 Titan Kit (new)

Lovely camera. Lovely asking price.
I can only imagine the car of my dreams with that kind of money.

best wishes.

dseelig

If I was a rich man oh well I am a photographer so good luck very pretty

edmund

I can definitely vouch for Silverlight99 - as I sold my Noctilux to him a few months ago - if I was in the market for the M9T, I definitely wouldnt hesitate dealing with him again.

All the best with the sale!

OlliL

If someone from Europe takes a flight to New York, buys the M9 and flys back, (forgets the declaration at customs,) he'll pay below retail!

GLWS

silverlight99

Thx everyone for the nice comments and PMs. Hopefully a fair price (below my cost), and definitely a better deal in Euro's :)

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member

Is the lens the new 35mm Summilux asaph f1.4? That might be the most attractive part of the package.

silverlight99

Is the lens the new 35mm Summilux asaph f1.4? That might be the most attractive part of the package.
Hi - I was told it was the new version of the lens when I purchased it, but let me just confirm to make sure and will post back (just spoke with someone in Leica in NJ who is checking).
Thanks

peterm1

I did read that it is the new 35mm Summilux (which I have been looking for but can't find). I would love to get the kit and actually use it -it's really a gorgeous kit and nicest camera/lens combo I have ever seen. However, the value and collectibility of the kit would make me nervous. I am outside NYC in CT and trying to resist even the thought of it. Then again, if I sell my M9 and a few lenses..... :)

Vlad

Thanks a lot, just slobbered all over myself. This thread should be marked NSFW!

silverlight99

Just got a confirmation voicemail from Leica NJ that it is indeed the 35 ASPH II model. Thx

D

dtakias

What an amazing piece of kit. Good luck with the sale!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Think i will cut the images out . Just too damn nice to look at. LOL

Just kidding. Good luck on your sale as well.

silverlight99

Thanks Guy.... although I only took the photos with a Fuji X100, didn't want to cause unnecessary roughness by using nice Lecia glass :)

roanjoh

How much for the lens alone?!

Just keeeeding! Nice package! Too bad I don't have the funds.

J

Jeff_Gao

Has anyone seen anyone really using this kind of camera? Just the other day, a Leica original O serie was auctioned for near 2 M bucks. Guess you can always invest on Leica!