The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Silver Grey M9 UK - pictures added

jonoslack

Hi there - you guessed it, I want a silver chrome M9p, and, being a sucker, you can take advantage of my obsession by buying my Silver Grey M9 at a stupid price.
around 4500 actuations - slight brassing on the corners, scratch on base plate. no dings or dents
UK Passport warranty until 25th August 2011. complete with silver grey thumbs up and Leicatime rally half case (no strap).

Pictures will follow.

£3800 delivered - would like to do face to face exchange, but will do bank transfer or paypal if necessary.

Prefer UK, but likely to be going through Belgium and Holland in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Take advantage of my stupidity RIGHT NOW!

Last edited:

jonoslack

Re: FS Silver Grey M9 UK (I'm a sucker)

Incidentally, one owner only (that's me). Giottos glass protector installed.
I could, of course, have slipped it onto ebay so as not to get teased - but hey, we all like an opportunity for taking the p1ss and who am I to deprive you :)

Pictures later today.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Jono: that made me laugh; as we say here, "good on you".

Paying more for less: a Leica tradition!

Just kidding. I have been surprised, though, at how many folk want the p over the standard model. Suggests strongly that Leica knows what it's doing, marketing-wise.

Good luck with the sale, and I love your work, too. kl

jonoslack

Jono: that made me laugh; as we say here, "good on you".

Paying more for less: a Leica tradition!

Just kidding. I have been surprised, though, at how many folk want the p over the standard model. Suggests strongly that Leica knows what it's doing, marketing-wise.

Good luck with the sale, and I love your work, too. kl
Thanks Kit - you're a star.
Pictures coming up . . . . .

jonoslack

Here is what you get:

of course, the camera comes with battery, charger, strap - everything which was in the original box. it also comes with the original box - the manual has not been opened.
It also comes up with a (virtually) unused thumbs up, and a (virtually) unused Luigi Rally half case.

The camera has 4776 actuations, and apart from a scratch or two on the base plate and a little brassing on the corners it's pretty pristine. It has always been my 'second' camera, my black M9 having done a great deal more work!

UK Passport warranty until 25th August this year - actually, the camera was only Ordered on 26th August 2011 - but it was delivered in December - by which time passport warranty had been reduced to 1 year - I complained about this, and the compromise was that I should have two years from the date of order.

I've tried to show the truth on these pictures.

Godfrey

I could, of course, have slipped it onto ebay so as not to get teased - but hey, we all like an opportunity for taking the p1ss and who am I to deprive you?
LOL! Yeah, what fun would it be to just slink away like that?

I'm holding out for someone who wants to sell a black M9 for a bargain basement price because they just have to have an M9-P ... and for my bank account to be able to support the cash outlay, of course. The more fun I have with the GXR, the more appealing an M becomes. And the lenses I've bought for the GXR M-lens expansion module will work just as nicely on an M9 too ...

While purpose and reason are often elusive, there's a madness to this method for sure. ]'-)

jonoslack

LOL! Yeah, what fun would it be to just slink away like that?

I'm holding out for someone who wants to sell a black M9 for a bargain basement price because they just have to have an M9-P ... and for my bank account to be able to support the cash outlay, of course. The more fun I have with the GXR, the more appealing an M becomes. And the lenses I've bought for the GXR M-lens expansion module will work just as nicely on an M9 too ...

While purpose and reason are often elusive, there's a madness to this method for sure. ]'-)
Hi Godfrey
It's a pity mine isn't black . . . but with the passport warranty it's really better to sell it in the UK or Europe anyway.

Sounds like you're DOOOOOMED! :ROTFL:

wattsy

Re: FS Silver Grey M9 UK - pictures added

I was going to suggest the same as Bart. The upgrade to M9-P spec looks reasonable by Leica standards (I'm considering it myself).

C

celticursa

The M9u program is new info for me. Does anyone know if US upgraders will need to apply to Solms or NJ?

jonoslack

HI There
well - I was aware of the upgrade program, but I'm hoping not to have to pay too much more than that to get a new camera - without having to wait until October, or whilst they do the upgrade.

I'll be interested in the sapphire glass for my other M9. We'll see!

thrice

Just sent an e-mail to leica customer service to book in my upgrade to M9P :) I would like the extra warranty, chrome, sapphire screen and CLA. All up not too expensive considering (this is Leica after all).
Since the announcement I wouldn't imagine many deals like Jono's M9 will appear (for those hoping to get cheap M9's from upgraders) so I would take advantage of this one before he changes his mind! :p

jonoslack

Since the announcement I wouldn't imagine many deals like Jono's M9 will appear (for those hoping to get cheap M9's from upgraders) so I would take advantage of this one before he changes his mind! :p
You got it Daniel - c'mon Guys and Gals - snap it up before it's off to ebay with it!

all the best