The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M 90mm f4 Macro Elmar - black

Don Hutton

Lens is in excellent condition. There is the slightest loss of finish around the front edge metal rim of the lens where the hood fits on and off - otherwise, cosmetics are immaculate. Optically and mechanically, the lens is perfect. It is an amazingly sharp lens and a real gem as a travel lens. The lens was 6-bit coded some time ago by Don Goldberg. It includes, box, leather case, rear cap, hood and cap which goes over the front of the reversed hood. $2000 shipped and Paypalled - lower 48.

kebebe

Like to buy the lens but like to see what the slight paint loss if you can post some pictures.

Thks

D&A

All I can say is this lens is spectaculary good...from close up work to using it as a portrait lens and everything in-between and beyond. Even though f4, bokeh was extremely attractive and except for a little speed, it gives up almost nothing to other 90mm rangefinder lenses, in my opinion. Most everyone encounters the slight issue when fitting the lens hood on/over the front of the lens. One easy way that some have now gotten around this is to purchase the very inexpensive "heavystar" all metal hood which is a great copy of the Leica hood...except it screws onto the front 39mm filter threads. It even has its own dedicated front lens cap for the hood. Problem solved!

Good luck with the sale Don..someone is going to obtain a favorite lens of many.

Dave (DA&)

kebebe

Thanks Dave for the info. I think this will work nice for travel and make a good companion to my 90 AA. The hood solution sounds good.

kebebe

kebebe

Ugh! I found Ashwin Ver IV and can only afford one lens so I bought his. Wish this will be avail later cos I tell myself not spend anymore money until August.

kebebe