The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB - Alpa TC / contax

OliverM

First of all, for my first post, I would like to thank the community here, who's experience in photography helped me a lot for my first steps in medium format. After an extensive reading of the forum, I bought last year a Contax set-up as well as a Sinar 54lv. I am VERY happy with the pictures it delivers, even if I'm still at the beginning of the learning curve.

I had recently the opportunity to buy a Leaf 75s. First tests show some technical superiority of the Leaf, but I still prefer the pictures made with the Sinar, especially portraits. Don't know if it's due to the pixel size, the Sinar process, my own workflow, but I'm now convinced I won't find a better combo than the Contax+120mm+Sinar for portraits (for my tastes and usage, as of today ...).

So now that I have a Leaf 75s, in a Contax mount, I imagine that it could work very well for landscapes with an Alpa TC.

So I am looking for the following components :
- Alpa TC
- Alpa viewfinder
- Alpa Contax back adapter
- A lens in the 35-50 mm range

Please contact me if you have one of those for sale.
Thanks
Marc

OliverM

I found an Alpa TC, viewfinder, 35 mm ALPAR and Alpa/Linhof 6x9 film back .

If anyone has an Alpa adaptor for Contax back, please contact me, before I order it new.

I won't use the film back, so it will soon be for sale (if anyone interested, please pm me).

After some first tests, I will possibly ask for some advice regarding lenses, but this set-up will already give me the chance to get started ...