The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Mamiya RZ Pro IID kit

David K

Workshop Member
I bought this kit a while back when I was shooting the ZD back but have moved on to greener (as in more expensive) pastures. I've also got the Mamiya adapter plate which allows the use of this camera on any AFD mount back. It's been tested and works fine on Jack's P45+ with the added advantage of not requiring cables. The basic kit is offered for sale at $2,250 and includes the Mamiya RZ Pro IID camera with WLF, Grip, Motor Drive, film and polaroid back together with the 90 3.5 W. Also available is the Mamiya adapter, AE II prism finder, 110 2.8, 50 4.5 ULD, 150 3.5 Z, and 250 4.5 Apo-Sekor. If anybody is interested in the whole shooting match I'll make you a very good deal. Pics of the gear for serious inquiries will either have to come from Jack (who's holding it for me) or from me when it's returned. For those interested in the quality this kit can produce, check the captures Marc has posted and of the Hasselblad lens shot that Son took with this kit on the following thread:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2717

Those who have used this camera (Marc, Jack, Son) are well aware of the outstanding images it's capable of producing. The WLF on this kit is the biggest and brightest I've ever seen, the revolving back and bellows focusing are my personal favorite features. Anyone who's interested in the lenses can contact me offline for pricing but the adapter plate is NOT for sale separately until the camera is sold. I'll post this here for a week or so before listing it anywhere else for sale.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here are simple front and rear shots, quickly captured and quickly procesed on my laptop, so please excuse any errors. Regardless, they should give you an idea what this beauty looks like. This is with the 110 lens mounted, the power winder and grip mounted and the waist-level finder mounted and open. The rear shot shows the electronic adapter plate mounted, complete with all of the normal AFD body contacts, allowing direct connection to any Mamiya AFD compatible back without cables. David didn't mention it, but also note the focussing screen has the vertical and horizontal framelines for a 37x49mm digital back. This is a very sweet camera to use!

Dale Allyn

Good luck placing this to a good home, David. If I wasn't spending in so many other directions right now I'd jump on this. The RZ lenses are known to be great and I'll be that WLF is a treat.

David K

Workshop Member
Jack, thanks for posting those shots... if it weren't mine already I'd consider buying it :)

Dale, these seem to be coming back into fashion and for good reason. When I look at quality lenses for this camera priced in the hundreds instead of the thousands it's almost a no brainer for someone on a budget. With good studio lighting I've gotten some outstanding captures with it. This is from a lifestyle shoot with the ZD back.

PeterA

David _ I am interested in the whole lot.

Message me with total price please.

Pete

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If anybody is interested, I also have a line on a 180 short base lens and Tilt-Shift adapter in great shape AND a mirror-up cable release. I can get those three items to you for probably $1000 or so.

fotografz

If anybody is interested, I also have a line on a 180 short base lens and Tilt-Shift adapter in great shape AND a mirror-up cable release. I can get those three items to you for probably $1000 or so.
Yeah Jack, that's one of the reasons to own this kit ... add the 75 short barrel and it's very versatile. The 180 is pretty cool for selective focus portrait work when on the T/S adapter.

FYI, the short barrel lenses compensate for the added depth of the PC T/S adapter and allow infinity focus dispite the X lens factor of the T/S ... Mamiya makes a SB tube that restores the 2 short barrel lenses to normal lenses. Fact is you can use any RZ lens on the T/S adapter for closer work, but you lose infinity focus.

PSon

This is the image taken with the RZ67 and the 2.8/110 as seen from Jack's product shots (great image btw). This 2.8/110 is the W version which represent the latest lens with the half aperture increment. The image from the 110mm is very sharp from center to the edge and consider one of the most popular and useful lens in the Mamiya RZ67 system. Also I have to agree with Marc and Jack on the Short Barrel 180mm and 75mm.

BJNY

Jack,
Oops...saw you stated the condition as great....love to see a pic, please.
Any chance the 75mm short barrel is available, too?
Please PM, thanks.
Billy

Last edited:

BJNY

Also available is the Mamiya adapter, AE II prism finder, 110 2.8, 50 4.5 ULD, 150 3.5 Z, and 250 4.5 Apo-Sekor. If anybody is interested in the whole shooting match I'll make you a very good deal.
David,
I'd be curious about the 110mm, 50mm & 150mm
IF your deal with Peter doesn't work out.
Are those three lenses the very latest versions?
Thanks,
Billy

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Billy:

I don't have a line on a 75 short base right now. When I say great, I mean it is in EXC/EXC- condition. Glass is pristine, but the outer barrel shows some slight signs of use -- no damage or abuse, just use. The T/S adapter itself is EXC/EXC+ condition, bellows all perfect, unit is tight and smooth and locks down easily on the movements. Again, it shows only the slightest signs of use, and no damage whatsoever. IOW it looks just like David's camera above :) I'll try and get a pic up later.

Here you go:

Cheers,

David K

Workshop Member
Peter,
Sent you a PM with discounted pricing for everything.

Billy,
I'm not that familiar with the versions of Mamiya glass but would guess that the 50 4.5 ULD M L and the 110 2.8 (which was recently purchased NIB) are the latest. I'm happy to provide serial numbers of the lenses if that helps.

David K

Workshop Member
Son,
Every time I look at that GIGANTIC photo I laugh out loud but it does provide a pretty good idea of what this kit can do. Funny thing is that the entire kit and all my lenses costs less than the 40 CFE IF without either of the mutars :)

PSon

David,
Actually your Mamiya RZ67 is an expensive set up but at today market in addition to your great prices it is a dream for someone who is looking for this system. If I was a Mamiya/Phase One 645 system user I would bought your system a long time ago. I am a big fan of square format but having the RZ67 rotating back is so sweet like the Sinar Hy6. The efficiency of the rectangular format with the current printer technology and wide screen format making the RZ67 rotating back and current digital sensor a dream system. I almost give up the dream of a full frame square sensor if it would not be for the F-Distagon 30mm lens.

David K

Workshop Member
Billy, Josh and Marq... I've pm'd with Peter and will give him the rest of the day (Aussie time) to decide. Like many of us he does have one or two other things to do besides buy and sell camera gear. I will list the entire kit tomorrow with prices and the first to say "I'll take it" gets the kit. My preference is to sell the entire kit but if nobody wants it all then I'll break it up. Payment is not required immediately, just a firm commitment.

PeterA

David - I have PM'd you - I will take the lot if that is ok.

Jack I will PM you re the tilt shift thingy.

Pete

David K

Workshop Member
Peter, got your pm and thank you for the prompt response. Thanks as well to the others that expressed interest in this sale.