The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: Leica Summicron 50mm f2 M Titanium

griffin

Sales Pending

My dream 50MM f1.4 ASPH finally arrived! after hesitating for about 2 weeks, I finally decided to let this baby go :salute:. Shifting my collection from E39 to E46.

Originally got from another member here, used only for a couple times, and sitting in my professional grade dry-cabinet now.

Leica Summicron 50mm M f/2.0 Titanium, in absolutely mint condition.

This is the latest version with the pull-out hood. Leica
made only 500 of these titanium lenses, so this one is rare.

Glass is perfect and the barrel has no imperfections except that the white
paint on the 4 f-stop number has come off.

Comes with original box and pouch, and both Leica lens caps. Price is $1,800 including Paypal and shipping USA only.

Just to be clear: I don't have the manual. And I've manually coded it with the "leica coder kit", the code can be easily removed, so let me know your preference.

Last edited:

kebebe

Re: FS: Leica Summicron 50mm f2 M Titanium

Hi Griffin. Pls PM your paypal account so i can pay you.

Thks

ashfaque

Hello Griffin,

It may sound odd, but would you mind telling a bit about the "professional grade dry-cabinet". :)

griffin

@ Everett, Smooth transaction, Thanks. Hope you enjoy it :) glad the titanium lens find a good family of other Ti lens and cameras.

@ Ashfaque, sure. Those are designed with electric plugged in to keep optical at static humidy (not the drier the better), controled by electric sensor. so it's not those gel packs that doesn't give you a stable environment, it's much better! cost wise, it's $500 -$2000.

This one is close to what I am using, yeah, i have a lot of grear, and yeah, I am paranoid to keep them in the best shape, lol.

http://www.dr-storage.com/style/fra...01897&content_set=color_1&rid=56330&id=316008

kebebe

Wow. Now thats a die heart collector who puts his lens at least in temp and humidity control. He will never get condensation or fungus grow from his lens.

Thanks Brad. I am thinking of buying another M6 Titanium so 2 bodies and 3 lens. I need that 35mm f.14 Asph I titanium to go along with Ashwin's 35mm Lux Ti.

kebebe

I saw that too Leicashot. its been there for a while. I sold my 35m Lux Asph I for $4000 which is not so high compared to whats going on the Asph I. I think it is still ok compared to Chrome which is even higher. I wonder if these prices will hold up when Asph II becomes more plentiful. It is like home prices high and then crash later?

leicashot

No, I believe these prices may drop a little but won't be what they're used to. Leica will only increase production in increments in order to keep used prices high, justifying a rise in new prices too.

kebebe

I will think about it. I have an order for Asph II so thats my priority. Other versions maybe additions later or if prices are good.