The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Leica chrome M5

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I bought this M5 last winter. Every photo taken with this camera has been well exposed. The former owner had sent it to DAG for a VF adjustment and look over. Don did not feel the need to give it a CLA and the battery has not been converted. The M5 is a 2 lug serial number 1354308. I would consider this user grade. There are bright marks, but no dings (slight indent in corner of non-lug side/visible in picture). The covering is all in place and in good condition. Operation is smooth and accurate. The viewfinder is bright and clear and the rangefinder is spot on (some hairlines visible in patch). There is some wear of the paint on the speed dial near the numbers 60 and 125.
I am including an original M5 black leather case (in very user condition), brand new battery, M5 strap and M5 manual. I am selling because I am going back to M6 classic. I have had 4 M5’s and just bought my 4th M6 classic. I like the metering and operation of M5 best, but M6 fits in my hands better. :-} I wish I could keep both. $850.
Shipping is $20 additional. I would like to keep this in the US. I will ship to Canada if you cover the added shipping charges.
I can not accept Paypal at this time. I will accept a MO or personal check and will ship when the check clears.

Last edited: