The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sinar eMotion 54LV digital back

Graham Mitchell

(generic product photo)

The item for sale is a Sinar eMotion 54LV digital back. It is a 22 megapixel back with no anti-aliasing filter, 48x36mm sensor, produces 124MB TIFF files, captures at one frame per second (that's actually quite decent for medium format digital!), exposures up to 32 seconds, 12 stops of dynamic range, ISO range of 50-400, firewire interface for tethered mode and uploading images to a Mac, internal lithium battery which is enough for about 3 hours or 250 exposures, 3GB internal memory as well as compact flash card slot, 2.2" display, live view (tethered), etc.

I have used this back as my main workhorse for the past 3-4 years and have just upgraded to a new back so I am reluctantly selling the Sinar back. 90% of my folio was shot with this back (see www.graham-mitchell.com) It produces beautiful files!

A sample DNG raw file from the back can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yty8ijy1dm1
The DNG files can be processed in Lightroom, Capture One, etc.

It's very similar to the Phase One P25+ but has some extra features. The eMotion backs use an adapter system which is user-changeable and allows you to use the back on most medium format cameras and view cameras. I am selling a Rollei 6000 series adapter separately. You will need to add the correct adapter for your camera.

The back was sold to me directly by Sinar as refurbished and recalibrated, although the housing had a chip on one corner, which of course is still there. It does not affect the performance of the back in any way and is purely cosmetic.

Any more questions - feel free to ask.

Price: €2995 (currently $4300) plus shipping (I will be in London in a few weeks so personal delivery to central London is possible if the timing works out).

Graham Mitchell

I am selling a Rollei 6000 adapter for this separately, and a friend who is also a member of this forum is selling the Hasselblad V adapter. He hasn't posted his ad yet so if you can't find it, feel free to contact me.