The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD- Chrome Voigtlander 35 mm f/1.2 Nokton

ashwinrao1

Hi all,
This is a test of the waters....I have, for sale, a Chrome Mint Voigtlander 35 mm f/1.2 Nokton lens for sale. It comes with both front and rear caps, along with a hood. I am the original owner, sold it a couple years back, and reacquired it recently to test it out.

For those of you don't know, this lens is a collector, as ONLY 300 copies were ever manufactured. That makes it very rare in collectors circles, even in the Leica world, and the lens is currently underpriced for a collector. Further, most enthusiasts consider this lens, along with the 28 mm f/3.5 screw mount, to be the 2 best lenses in CV's arsenal, and this version is outstanding.

As I own the 35 lux FLE, it's hard for me to justify owning both lenses. Kristian Dowling (our own "Leicashot"), a very talented pro, considers this lens to be on par with the 35 lux asph lenses and likes its rendering better. For samples of this lenses IQ, you should refer to his pics and the Nokton thread over at the Leica forum at GetDPI.

The lens is comes with front and rear caps only (I once had the box, but it's lost and gone forever). The lens itself is in mint, and there's only some minor cosmetic wear on the cap.

PRICE (includes shipping) is $1350. CONUS sale only. I only accept personal or bank checks. No paypal (sorry)....

I will post pics later if there's interest....

Here's a link to Cameraquest's info page about this lens (scroll to the bottom for info on the chrome version). I originally purchased the lens from Cameraquest.

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigt3512.htm

A couple of sample pics, taken with this lens on my M9:

Last edited:

leicashot

Re: FS- Chrome Voigtlander 35 mm f/1.2 Nokton

If someone is interested in my black version (like new in box) for $250 less I'll take this baby!

ashwinrao1

Phew, a fair bit of interest already. PM's answered.... Thanks to everyone for their interest. Price stands at $1350 shipped...

ashwinrao1

Sale pending to kebebe (the amazing Everett! Great buyer for any of you who may be in contact with him)!

leicashot

Kebebe is like a walking ATM on this forum. Anyone have his PIN? ;)

mikel

Everette, do you like chrome lenses? :)

Your Nokton, Aswin, will go nicely with his chrome summicron.

kebebe

Sorry guys I wish I am ATM. I am just a single guy who does not have many other bad habits and got the Leica bug. Leicashot and the rest of you have more toys and been doing this much longer more experience and better photographer.

But I really enjoy this site and make some new friends. Mikel, Chrome, black Titanium paint are all nice lens for different outfits and occasions. I do believe the chrome Leicas lens are a wee bit better built or heavier. I was lusting over the IIIG but decided I better get into more systems I already am.

Anyone with a MINT 35mm 8 element in chrome willing to sell around $2500? Prices in ebay are just too high for me.

ashwinrao1

Everett, FYI no box, looked long and wide to see if I could find it....

leicashot

Oh well I'll have to buy it now, as I ended up selling my Nokton

kebebe

Money on its way. As I promised. No box will not kill the deal.

kebebe

kebebe

Got the lens today and took some shots. Nice creamy bokeh for a 35mm and not harsh contrast. Good for a wide portrait view with surrounding backdrop blurred out.

Thank Ashwin!!

Condition is very nice too. Continue the quest for nice lens.

Kebebe