The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Voigtlander Heliar 50/2 Nickel only 600 made

leicashot

I have owned this for only 2 weeks but can't get used to the older style focusing lever. My loss is your gain.

Comes with everything mint in box, including a type 2 M mount adapter. This lens is actually an awesome performer and is built as well as any Leica lens. Only 600 were made in Nickel.

$600 and shipped to your US door.

leicashot

Re: Voigtlander Heliar 50/2 Nickel only 600 made

BUMP. Like new except a little scrape on the hood, seen in the pic below

leicashot

Make it $550 to get this sold, no less. thats a bargain for this gorgeous lens

ashwinrao1

Now that's a beautifully crafted lens. I have toyed with the idea, but have 3 50's already and don't think I'd really "need" a 4th. Possibly CV's sexiest lens, though, and sure to be collectible....

Man, I am tempted...

kebebe

It is a beautiful lens. I had it for a while and decided to sell it and posted on fm and get dpi. Someone local bought it from me and was so happy with it. The finish as ashwin and leicashot mentioned is outstanding nickel. The lens is no so heavy either, delicate, well bulilt but cannot collapse like to the leica one.

I am sure ashwin will like this lens.

Hosermage

Haha, that someone was me (Hi, Everett!). Just a newbie getting into photography. It does look beautiful and perform comparable to the Summicron DR that I acquired few weeks later. I'm selling my magic cards to buy more lenses, so hopefully you guys have some good stuff for me later!

ashwinrao1

GOod to know that it images like the DR 'Cron. I have the rigid cron, so this lens might be a duplication for me.

Arghhh.....so many choices...I am also tempted by the C-sonnar zeiss....

LOL!

kebebe

Hi David:

Glad you are checking out GetDPI. I am a newbie too! DR is nice. Did you get one with the goggle? How did you adapted to you Sony or you now have Leicas, haha.

I am still looking forward to your son's photos.

Everett

leicashot

Yes Kebebe I would say that the Sonnar should definitely be on your list. I've owned one before and will again as soon as they come back to stock.

Bokeh is a cross between a Planar and the Hexanon 50/1.2

kebebe

I need to learn or experience the planar character since I never tried much zeiss lens. The only zeiss i had and sold was 25mm for my Nikon systems. I have not touch my nikon stuff for a while since I start practicing range finder systems. I still have problems with sharp focus and could be partially technique and vision. I should check to see if I can get better glass or laser.

It would be nice to have a lens party so we can bring different lens and have some models or subjects to try out their character before buying and selling them later. Some lens may be so close in look that in a blind test of finished unedit images to pick out which ones.

I need to learn the difference designs and their basic character so I have a better idea about the characteristics. You guys have way so much experience that are judge what to buy or not for your preferences.

kebebe

Hey Ashwin and Leicashot:

Is there problems with focus shift with the C Sonnar Zeiss. It is hard to get?

leicashot

Probably should keep these conversations to PM's or on the forum threads, but to answer your question, yes it does have focus shift, but I only suggest buying the Sonnar to shoot at 1.5 anyway.

kebebe

Yeah, I just read the review. Thanks again. I have some idea about planar and sonnar now. I have to identify which lens from leica and others follow this approach and others to have the character for the intended rendering.

D&A

In a way I hate to contribute to a useful discussion when this is a "FS" ad", so we should take notice of that...and it's for a particulary lovely lens at that!

Although it's important to understand our lenses, their characteristics, strengths, weaknesses, the way it renders and draws an image...being many of the reasons why we painstakenly choose our lenses and often pay princely sums for them......we also shouldn't get obsessed and loose sight of learning how to use lenses effectively, along with proper composition and recognition of what makes a great image of a particular subject. Sort of like not seeing the forest for the trees...being so involved in the minutia of each lens, that utilizing the lens for great imagery is often missed.

Dave (D&A)

kebebe

Somebody should buy it. Such great price and great limited edition lens. My friend is thinking and if he could get some more funds....

leicashot

Its a bargain for such a quality lens. Id keep it if I could get used to the focusing lever.

Kebebe I thought friends like you get nice gifts? LOL