The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

*FS Leica Summilux-M 35 1.4 ASPH FLE unbundled*

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishandfowl

*FS Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH FLE Leica code 11663*. This is latest 6-bit new and unused except for testing in office and my balcony.

In original Box with blank documentation and USA Passport warranty and Leica USA inspection certificate.

NOTE: This lens is no longer "bundled" with my Leica silver gray M9, which I have now listed separately. You can buy just this lens if you wish.

This lens has sold in recent weeks for $8,000 or more and is currently listed on a major internet auction site for $8950. I will sell it for $300 less than that - ** $8650 ** OBO.

I would also take a silver chrome M9-P in partial trade, thereby reducing the cash required to buy the 35 FLE by $7150 (that's what I can buy the M9-P for right now in Germany or the Netherlands). So, with a new or mint low-click silver chrome M9-P in partial trade the total cash required would be only $1500.

Paypal or bank wire only. Will ship only to PayPal confirmed address in CONUS ( via overnight FEDEX service and will use international EMS for Asia.

PM me with any questions or call my cell, 425 765 3500

Photos will be uploaded in a few moments (need to reboot again)

thanks for your interest.

Ed

A

alexyt

so the op withdrew the initial so-called bundle sale is not really due to "not drawing enough attention" as he said, but actually because he wants to make more money on it. I think it's ok to just spit it out if that's his real reason, not really necessary to cover it with another excuse. it's so obvious and everyone can see...

fishandfowl

>>TO ALEXYT:

Your gratuitous remark questioning my intentions in unbundling the lens and increasing my asking prices for the individual lenses and bodies is uncalled for and violates—or borders on violating—forum etiquette, it seems to me. It seems to me that omments critical of pricing or critical of other selling terms belong in a PM, if at all, not in a public thread. Of course a seller can afford to sell an item for less if he can sell something else at the same time.

I stand by my earlier observation that forum members seem to want to choose each item they buy on its own merit and not have the process complicated by having to buy a lens with a body, for example. That's why I unbundled everything.

FYI, the individual who is buying my lens is someone I've dealt with before and the deal involves a partial trade.

By the way, I am still looking for a silver chrome M9-P which I would take in partial trade for my gear.

Members value this forum partly because we (usually) treat each other with courtesy and respect, something I was not afforded by Alexyt, nor did he (or she as the case may be) acknowledge that he had sent me two PMs on 7/30 and 7/31 expressing interest in my 35/1.4 ASPH FLE lens. This belies his comment about my de-coupling the lenses and camera bodies and increasing my prices; Indeed, in my opinion, it smells of sour grapes.

Ed

I hope still today to list some nice vintage Leica gear, by the way.

A

alexyt

LOL... sour grape? price police? :bugeyes: I didn't even try to judge if your price is too high or not. You are getting so sensitive and defensive like a wounded bunny, when I was just throwing out your fragile excuse in the previous post to compare to your according activity? Hmm... that already proves something by itself, doesn't it? :loco:

Anyways, readers are able to judge by themselves. And I believe Mr. Guy is the best one to tell if my comments are violating the policy. :angel:

>>TO ALEXYT:

Your gratuitous remark questioning my intentions in unbundling the lens and increasing my asking prices for the individual lenses and bodies is uncalled for and violates—or borders on violating—forum etiquette, it seems to me. It seems to me that omments critical of pricing or critical of other selling terms belong in a PM, if at all, not in a public thread. Of course a seller can afford to sell an item for less if he can sell something else at the same time.

I stand by my earlier observation that forum members seem to want to choose each item they buy on its own merit and not have the process complicated by having to buy a lens with a body, for example. That's why I unbundled everything.

FYI, the individual who is buying my lens is someone I've dealt with before and the deal involves a partial trade.

By the way, I am still looking for a silver chrome M9-P which I would take in partial trade for my gear.

Members value this forum partly because we (usually) treat each other with courtesy and respect, something I was not afforded by Alexyt, nor did he (or she as the case may be) acknowledge that he had sent me two PMs on 7/30 and 7/31 expressing interest in my 35/1.4 ASPH FLE lens. This belies his comment about my de-coupling the lenses and camera bodies and increasing my prices; Indeed, in my opinion, it smells of sour grapes.

Ed

I hope still today to list some nice vintage Leica gear, by the way.

SYGTAFOTO

There is nothing wrong with putting whatever price on any item. That's how market works.
An item might be worth a dollar to you, but to someone else, it might be worth a lot more. This is a simple Supply/Demand relationship.
If you don't like the price, just move on. Don't whine because you want it but can't get it for the price you want.

NomadicTy

I don't think alexyt is complaining about the price. This item is/was on multiple threads, even on three threads on Page 1 at one time. The "current" thread at that time, the original thread with all the other gear, and one in between. The last two were still in page 1 because of "updates" from the OP. Either the seller is real indecisive, or he has come up with a clever way to basically spam this forum.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one to notice that. But if that is OK here, then we'll be seeing the same FS items from the same seller on multiple threads in this forum.

wolverine

No one is denying anyone the right to an opinion or to post it. Just don't do it in the sell post of someone who is trying to do a transaction. It is interference and offensive to the seller's right to sell at what ever price they choose. Post your opinions elsewhere. You would expect the same courtesy if you were trying to sell something.

When I read the comments I cringed. I am probably not the only one, either. You may not think your comments are a problem. But it does not matter what you think. What matters is that you respect the seller's rights, whether you think the price is fair or not, or what you think their motives are. You do not know the seller's motives. You are only guessing. Please understand that I am not trying to be rude or offensive to anyone. But a seller should be able to post their items for sale and not have to defend why.

kalex

And for the love of god can we stop calling "unused" lenses followed by "just tested on balcony and in my office" How can u say that its unused? if you clearly opened it, mounted it on the camera, adjusted aperture and focus. Call it what it is a used lens.

Oh and yes having 5-6 posts on front page with your "updates" is spamming

Mods closing thread in 3-2-1

L

leixu2046

I am just gonna say its a sellers' market instead of buyers... and I am amazed by how quickly this one goes... one hour, i wonder if the buyer paid $8650, of course only if this question is valid under the forum policy...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I am going to close this thread. OP has said that the sale is pending and any further discussion is bordering on price policing.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
why the mods have not intervened I don't know. I'm staying outta this one
because we do not look at every thread 24/7.
It is getting really old especially concerning Leica sales.
This behavior in general may be jeopardizing this free service.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I have handed out three infractions and you that earned them did indeed.
We are getting very tired of this and just might consider taking more drastic action.
please leave the sales threads alone If you think the asking price is too high then just walk away.
thanks
-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.