The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM w/Accessories

Double Negative

Not Available
Up for your consideration is this pristine, complete Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM lens kit. Includes the lens, carry case, hood, cap, foot - even the box it ships in and packing materials. Hardly used, not a mark on it (except maybe some minor marks on the foot). The glass is clean and clear. This lens is insane. Stupid sharp, wicked fast AF.

But wait! There's more! :D

A Kinesis L311 backpack which will carry the lens, mounted to a body if you want, along with another small lens or TCs, batteries, cards (or whatever) in the optional front-mounted pouch. A great way to get your rig into the woods or down by the seashore.

A neoprene slip-on hoodie. Much more convenient than the rather oddball Canon zip-on "lens cap." You can even fold this one up and stuff it in your pocket.

Finally, the Canon PL-52 polarizer that's made for the Canon Great Whites. It slides into the filter drawer of the lens (replacing the stock clear glass filter).

I'm looking for $4,600 net to me and prefer to sell as a whole kit. Shipping and PayPal fees are not included. No lowballers, please. Be serious. It will be shipped fully insured w/tracking - no exceptions. Of course, local inspection and pick-up is welcome (and preferred) - Located on Long Island, NY. Will ship overseas, but prefer local or CONUS.

Here are some pix of the gear (camera and monopod not included):

Double Negative

Not Available
Mike, would you be interested in a trade (balanced w/cash) for a similar condition EF 400/2.8 L USM?
That most certainly is interesting. But unfortunately, I'm not shooting my Canon gear like I used to (thanks to Leica/RFs and Hassy) so I'm trying to liquidate some of the pricier gear to free up cash. Otherwise, I'd totally take you up on that as I usually shot the 300mm w/TCs.

It's killing me to sell this lens. I've never really had the chance to flex its muscle and I'm getting old waiting for the 1Ds Mark IV.

Sample image 1:

Sample image 2:

The AF is so fast, it caught this dragon fly in mid-flight:

Hell, it even does "macro":

MCTuomey

Mike, thanks for responding - was just a thought. I had a 300/2.8 for awhile (prior to the 400/2.8) and, no question, it's unbelievably good. Yours looks to be in superb condition.

Double Negative

Not Available
Mike, thanks for responding - was just a thought. I had a 300/2.8 for awhile (prior to the 400/2.8) and, no question, it's unbelievably good. Yours looks to be in superb condition.
You're welcome - believe me, under different circumstances I might have just taken you up on that. Can't go wrong with any of 'em...

Thanks! Yes, it really is in *mint* condition as that's how I got it - and sadly, hardly used it. :(

Double Negative

Not Available
Wow, nice shots. Canon sure knows how to do the big teles! GLWS...
Thank you! Yes, these lenses really are amazing. I think my 1D2n doesn't even do it justice... I've been meaning to try this lens with film using the 1v-HS. Still might. ;)

Forgot to mention; that snowy egret shot was with a 1.4x TC no less! These teles and TCs are made to work together and it shows.

More teasing: :D

Double Negative

Not Available
This week only! As a service for GetDPI forum members, I'm doubling the price! This lens is LNIB - I only tested it out around town and in the woods. Oh, and down by the water.

;)

<ahem>bump</ahem>