The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two New Rules

Terry

We've added two additional buy sell rules to improve the forum operation.

All Buy/Sell rules can be found on the sticky post at the top of the Gear FS or WTB forum.

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3964

1. A member can only have a maximum of three current buy/sell threads running at any time.

2. No threads are to be bumped within 24 hours of the last post to the thread.

We want to thank everyone in advance for abiding by these amended rules. We are all here for photography and this will help keep interesting content on the New Posts page instead of being continually clogged up by buy/sell items.

SYGTAFOTO

A quick question regarding #2,

The OP can't bump within 24 hours of the last post, but someone else can "bump" for the OP by adding a comment, is this correct? I know in other forums, some people insert comments like, "Wow, that is a nice lens you are selling. Here is a free bump for you."
I don't quite understand rule #2 because it doesn't specify WHO can't bump.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The OP but there should be no what a great price from anyone anyway. Buyer questions and let's keep it that way.

OlliL

Now I see why hulk's threads are all moved :D

I'm not sure, if rule one makes sense, because I'm afraid that their will be more threads with multiple items, what makes them more complicated.

Guy Mancuso

I catch anyone doing bogus bumps for any OP to keep pushing his ad up the chain they will be reprimanded. Comments should come from buyers with potential questions regarding the item. Bottom line the chatter ends

Terry

Here is a real scenario.

Threads starts 1.5 days ago. 7 hours ago someone makes a comment on the thread. 5 minutes ago the OP comes in and puts the words "bump" on the thread (or adds some inane point that in reality is a bump).

This is not correct and is an unnecessary bump. The bump should not happen until 24 hours after the last comment. Not 24 hours after the OP's last comment. This happens all the time.

Terry

Please how can I close my old not active sell threads in order to fulfill rule number one?
You can send me a PM with the links but if they are really old don't worry about them. When an item is sold please mark it as sold. If you are within the editing time limit amend the title (edit --> go advanced). Otherwise do it in the last post.

You don't need to go back in now and clean things up.

Recently we've had people do 5-10 or more individual threads with single items which is problematic.

aleksanderpolo

bump for the new rules
/kidding

Does this mean the users with excessive bumps will be moved to the commercial vendors page now?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
bump for the new rules
/kidding

Does this mean the users with excessive bumps will be moved to the commercial vendors page now?
No,
if we get annoyed we will do something unpredictable depending on the cumulative amount of annoyance and how much your particular offense catches the eye.
:bugeyes:
-bob

shaunmlavery

Thank you guys! It has gotten a little crazy here lately.

Bob, I enjoyed your comment a few days back or was it a week or so ago? Anyhow, maybe this will keep things in order.

Thanks for keeping this place clean and tidy guys!

Guy Mancuso

No,
if we get annoyed we will do something unpredictable depending on the cumulative amount of annoyance and how much your particular offense catches the eye.
-bob
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

My thoughts exactly.

D&A

Simple question...let's say some lists and item and about 3 hours later someone posts a legitimate question on the item. Is it then permissible for the OP to post and respond to the question If they notice it 1 hour after the question is posted. I ask since this would mean the OP is posting only 4 hs after originally listing the FS ad, even though his response wasn't an intentional bump. I know it's hard to make or use rules for every situation and that it basically relies on observing the spirit of the rules.

I assume if one has say 5-10 small camera bags they plan to sell, that it can all go in one ad and count as one ad...since it wouldn't seem to make sense to post 3 ads at a time, one ad for a single small camera bag...especially that some aren't big a bug ticket item. Same for a bunch of small camera accessories.

Thanks.

Dave (D&A)

Terry

Posting to answer questions and make real comments about the transaction are fine and are unlimited. Absolutely no intent to impede a smooth sale especially where there is a lot of interest and multiple items with different buyers.

This is clearly meant for items that are languishing where the seller wants to keep it top of the forum on the front page of new posts for as long as possible.

We have a number of threads that were being bumped after just a few hours with no new content just the words "bump" or some remark that was clearly not responding to any specific question. Some items get bumped everyday like you can do at FM. But on that site there is a timer button that doesn't allow the bump. We only have the honor system and moderators.....at least the software can count the hours and minutes :D.

kalex

No,
-bob
7 day ban (i mean time out)