The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FOUND - Zeiss 50 mm C-Sonnar ZM lens

ashwinrao1

Hi everyone,
I am looking for an excellent to mint condition Zeiss 50 mm f/1.5 C-Sonnar lens in ZM mount (latest version). Either black or chrome would work, though I think I'd prefer the chrome.

If you have one that you aren't using, I'd love for you to PM me. The lens retails new for around $1,020-$1117. I'd want to pick one up for around $900-$1000 or so, but price is negotiable depending on condition, availability of box,etc, and lens hood.

Please PM me if you have one!

Best,
Ashwin

ashwinrao1

Re: WTB - Zeiss 50 mm C-Sonnar ZM lens

Yeah, emailed him a couple of days back, and he never got back to me....I tried to call, but got no answer, but that was over the week-end....

Thanks for the info, though

Moonshine

There was a Sonnar available at Houston Camera Exchange for $1200 a few days ago.
713- 7896901

seakayaker

Yeah, emailed him a couple of days back, and he never got back to me....I tried to call, but got no answer, but that was over the week-end....

Thanks for the info, though
IGOR, has lowered the price to $1195.00 for the C-Sonnar 50/1.5 T* #15600183, chrome. The one time I communicated with IGOR in the past, the email response came days after the initial inquiry. The lens may still be available.

thrice

I'm worried I might miss it if I sell mine... I'll sleep on it Ashwin. It's mint as far as I can tell with mint condition packaging and caps. f/1.5 optimised and silver of course. You don't have a 35 Lux ASPH FLE you want to trade for this + cash do you Ashwin? :p

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Dan. I will check with Igor by phone, I guess....he still hasn't responded by email, though photo.net threads suggested that this was the best way to communicate.

Daniel, definitely keep me posted. your images are one of the reasons that I want to try out this lens, along with its size, on the Ricoh GXR M-module as a 75 mm fast portrait lens. If you decide to sell, definitely let me know!

Ash

kalex

Best way to reach Igor is by phone. I sent him couple of emails which took him 5 days to reply but one time I decided to call and got him on first try. Very nice person to talk to and I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with him asking him bunch of questions

ashwinrao1

LENS FOUND!
Thanks for the advise, guys. I called and got a hold of Igor. He was waiting to respond, as another party had been interested by hadn't committed. I commited, and purchased the lens at his asking price.

Igor's a nice guy, by the way, and hopefully the lens comes as advertised, which is "as new".

In case anyone is interested, he has a host of sweet lenses available, including hard to find lenses like the Leica 90 elmarit latest version (E46) and some gold lenses ?!?:

http://igorcamera.com/leica_lenses.htm

I figured I'd spread the word, as I have no affiliation with Igor....

Thanks to all of you for your help and support. This lens will be tried on my M bodies and the GXR M-module, which is the primary reason I got it (to have a small, fast 75 mm eq lens for portrait and some short tele work).....

Last edited:

thrice

Hopefully it's better than the EX++ 90mm Summicron-R ASPH I received from him that was scratched multiple times on the rear element :p At least this keeps one more lens in my bag. I'm sure you'll love the lens Ashwin!

ashwinrao1

Yikes, I hope so. He confirmed that the lens was "Like New", never used condition, so I am expecting a new or close to new lens. I'll keep people posted, but suspect I'll be happy once it gets to me...Pics surely to come! Thanks, Dan!