The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Leica M9-P Chrome/Silver - LNIB

bobbydigital

With regret I'm selling my LNIB chrome/silver Leica M9-P with just 250 actuations. I used the camera for one day of shooting and then re-packed it into it's box. All the accessories including the strap, battery and charger remain in their original unopened packaging. All warranty papers and registration are blank. It is a stunner, especially with chrome/silver lenses.

$7500. PM me for pics.

bobbydigital

Re: Leica M9-P Chrome/Silver - LNIB

Per requests I've attached some photos of the Chrome M9-P with 250 actuations. A last minute work trip took me out of the country the past week so apologies if I didn't respond to your PM's while I was away. Thanks again.

bobbydigital

Camera is still available. US sale only please. Express FedEx shipping included.

PM me with any questions!

bobbydigital

Yes, buyer of this M9-P can register the 2-year Leica warranty in their own name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

MODERATOR WARNING
Buyers are suggested to obtain their own assurances of warranty from the providing entity.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

No , problem is warranties vary considerable and some the camera is warrantied regardless of owner and some it is the original owner itself. Its really a mixed bag so it needs to be checked to be exactly sure. Sometimes it is even a issue with country.

bradhusick

Leica warranties are usually in the original name of the first purchaser from an authorized dealer.

jonoslack

Whereas in the UK where there is actually a passport warranty card with which you can transport the warranty.
Europe is different again.

As Guy says - make sure you're aware of the situation with any outstanding warranty.

bobbydigital

Here is a photo of the blank US two-year warranty included with the camera. It is unregistered. I will also include the original sales receipt from the authorized NY Leica dealer with the camera and warranty.

Whoa, I think I just felt an earthquake in Brooklyn.

Rafael Macia

Felt the earthquake in the Bronx too. Downtown Brooklyn buildings emptied, (so I was told).

Anyway, my experience with Leica warranty is this;
The M8 and M8.2 I mailed in the card, and they asked for a copy of the purchase receipt.
The M9 I registered online, and they asked that I pick from a list of authorized dealers. Then it was approved.

edwin_sn

Let me share my Leica warranty experience as well:

- M8 bought online at fredmiranda.com (US unit), I called solms and they told me that ownership and warranty was transferable to me. I emailed them the picture with a local newspaper at the background showing the current date of the paper (date when i requested the transfer) and the serial number of the camera to prove that i have the camera in my possession. Pictures of the warranty card and the rest of the paper works. They transferred the ownership to me. Thats what the next owner of the M8 did, transferring the ownership and warranty from me to him.

- M9 - i did the same with the M9 which i bought from ebay from somebody in Canada. The ownership and warranty are already transferred in my name with the same procedure. I called Leica Solms though before i closed the deal with the previous owner to make sure that the warranty and the ownership was transferrable to my name and they said yes. And they also gave me the assurance that it was registered to the sellers name as well.

I haven't claimed any warranty of any of my camera though to prove that indeed the warranty was transferred to my name. But when I called Leica Hong Kong, they can see it in their system that indeed the serial number of the camera matched to that of my ownership details. I will know if the warranty can really be claimed when i have my camera checked and calibrated in HK. And mind you, i'm in the Philippines. Oliver in Leica Solms did everything for me with no hassle at all. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Folks we should start a thread on this in the Leica forum as it would be more beneficial to the community at large. Here it will just get lost after the item is sold. As admins. We just wanted to mention for buyer to look into it since it came up in this ad itself. Let's keep the B & S area for buyers and sellers only. Thanks Guy

This would be a great thread in the leica forum to start. If someone would be so kind to do that . Thanks