The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Canon FD 50mm f/1.2L EOS Converted

wiregen

I decided I'm going to part my beloved Converted FD 50mm f/1.2L. This will work with any crop Canon body or a Full Frame 5D/5D mkII with a 2mm mirror shave. Very sharp wide open. Very unique bokeh signature not found in any of the modern EOS glass.

Includes Hood, UV Filter and original Canon front cap & rear cap.
$750 shipped and paypal'd

neelyfallon

Did you convert the lens yourself or have it done for you? Was extra glass placed near the lens mount? If so is the 50mm magnified a bit?

wiregen

This was professionally converted through a member in FM. The floating element is on the rear on all Ls (& older S.S.C Aspherical) lenses. It protrudes 2mm like it was meant to be on regular FD glass. The 50mm is to spec. There's no magnification since the rear element is the same distance as the original.