The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 and lenses for sale

Terry

Woody,
90% of the time when I go out shooting in NY it is with one body and one lens 28 cron and 50 lux are the usual choices. I just came back from shootint the M8 + 28 cron side by side with the D700 and 24-70. M8 felt like a point and shoot when I picked it up.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
I second the second body! Last trip I had two M8s, one with 35 Cron ASPH and one with 90 Elmarit. WATE in the bag for the wide stuff. It's almost like having a 35-90 zoom. I have always found that when I use zooms (like the 24-70) I'm either at one end or the other, so why not just carry two faster, lighter prime lenses on two bodies?

I also respect Chuck's strategy. When I was starting out I only had a 50mm lens. I used it for a year before getting my next lens. Needless to say, that is still my preferred FOV (35 on the M8) more than 20 years later. With my normal one body kit, I rarely take the 35 cron off the camera. Yet, on very few occasions have I not taken my other 3 lenses with me in the bag. Chuck and Woody, I applaud your bravery. :salute:

David

woodyspedden

Well, we are clearly at all points of the compass on this discussion! <grin>

I wasn't advocating a strategy whereby all of the time you have only one or two lenses. The choice of number and types of lenses are a function of what you are going to shoot!

What I have found myself doing is standing in front of a scene I want to photograph and spending a large amount of time trying to decide what lens I wanted to use. Franky, because of the inaccuracy of the Leica frame lines I don't find them super helpful in this regard either!. As I thought more about it I realized that if I had a lens like the 28Cron on board, moving 10 feet or so in any direction would often have solved the problem. So my experiment is to do just this and see how often I miss a choice shot for lack of lenses in my bag.

I suspect that when I am done with this exercise I will be down to either a CV 12 or 15, 21 Elmarit, 35 1.2 ultron, and 50 Lux pre asph as my total lens kit. When I need something longer, or macro etc it will be shot with the D700.

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Darn this is a nice discussion on what and how much you use. Wish we had this in the M8 section. I may copy this thread over and try to cut out the for sale stuff. Let me try it. Don't shoot me I am the idiot admin. LOL

woodyspedden

Okay please continue the discussion in it's new placement. Thanks for your patience

here is the link

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3010
Guy

I agree that the thread has migrated to something very different from selling my M lenses.

However I still want to sell the lenses so I will encourage anyone with interest to post here on the B&S thread.

As you can see, after the 90 APO, 28 Cron and 75 Lux the interest in the other (fabulous) lenses has died down. So someone make me an offer I can't refuse or otherwise these guys are going to epray. Much rather see these pristine lenses in the hands of a forum member who will really appreciate them

Woody

woodyspedden

Absolutely Guy

What is left is the chrome silver 50 cron; 90 Macro elmar; and the 135 Apo Telyt. All of these lenses are in pristine condition (Actually both the 50 and the 90 are in new condition!)

Prices and pictures are at the beginning of the thread

Thanks for looking

Woody

woodyspedden

O.K. Guys

I am ready to move to FleaBay! I would much rather someone here on the forum get these lenses so make me an offer. Again, these lenses are all mint with both the Chrome Silver 90 Macro and 50 cron like new. Used lenses of this quality don't come around very often.

Best

Woody

woodyspedden

Hi Woody,

Did you ever recieve my PM regarding the M6TTL 0.58 VF?

Cheers,
Jeff
Jeff

I did and I sent you a reply saying the M6TTL 0.58 was already sold but the 0.85, which is truly new in box, is still available. If you look at the inside edge of the bottom plate there is not a speck of paint which has been worn. Most Leica bodies would be down to the aluminum. I suspect that there has never been film wound through this body except for the 1 roll I shot to verify performance. THIS IS A NEW CAMERA!

I will post pictures of it in about an hour.

Woody

woodyspedden

Some folks have been asking for photos of the 0.85 leica M6TTL so here they are: By the way this lens is new in box. I don't think there has been a roll of film run through this beauty except for the one I shot to verify performance.

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Congrats Woody. Hey you can always buy us dinner. LOL

This thread is long so what is left for folks to purchase

woodyspedden

Still just the 90 Macro and the 135 APO Telyt and I am thinking of withdrawing the 135. I am beginning to remember shooting Nueschwanstein Castle from the parking lot with this rig and just how good was the outcome.

Remember this one?

woody

Guy Mancuso

ROTFLMAO. Must have been the smell of the cows that gave me that snarl look. Too damn funny Woody. Love ya too my friend. LOL

I did love the 135 apo . Folks my bet and I am dead serious this is the 90 apo with a 1.4 apo convertor built into it. It is that good, I said that to leica and they smiled. LOL

dfarkas

Workshop Member
I remember... I was enjoying my Spatzle and bier while the rest of you guys waited for 20 minutes for the sun to come out from behind that cloud. Your patience was most certainly rewarded. Nice shot. The 135 APO sure is a keeper.

David