The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Valeo 17wi kit

photo570

Hi there,

I have a Leaf Valeo 17wi kit for sale, Hasselblad H mount. Comes with the digital magazine which has been upgraded to 20gb, even though it says 10gb on the side, so it can be used untethered on location as well as tethered in the studio. Comes with three batteries, charger, firewire cables and a lowepro case. Asking US$2500 ONO.

Cheers,
Jason.

P

polarcircle

Does the digital mag work without the ipaq that was a part of it or is the ipaq necessary for untethered shooting?

photo570

Hi there.

The iPac is not necessary at all.

I have never had one. It was a bit of a gimmick really as it was not particularly useful, just too early on in the development of the technology I think. I had a friend who had one and he used it a few times, then left it in the cupboard, more trouble than it was worth.

Basically you just think of the digital mag as a really big CF card, with two batteries, as it powers the mag, and the digital back at the same time.

I am selling as I have bought an Aptus II, and hung onto this as a backup, but I just don't use it, and my local dealer has a loaner, so I thought I would get some cash for it.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Jason.

P

polarcircle

Thanks for the answer. I see now that it is for a H system. I'm interested in V. otherwise its very tempting. How is the quality at 200 ASA - is it as good as at 50?

photo570

Thanks for the answer. I see now that it is for a H system. I'm interested in V. otherwise its very tempting. How is the quality at 200 ASA - is it as good as at 50?
The quality is OK. Not as good as 50, but still very usable. I fine when you stop "pixel peeping" things at 100% on screen and actually make a print 16x20 is not a problem at all, even if it is "only" 17mp.

Cheers,
Jason.

Still for sale obviously!

Now asking US$2300. :)

Last edited: