The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Feeler: Leica F2 Summicron Black Paint (from MP Classic set)

wattsy

I am buying a mint MP Classic set (meterless BP MP body + matching BP 50mm/F2 Summicron "Jahre style"). These were a limited edition of 500 sets made for the Asian market. However, I'm only really interested in the body and will likely want to sell the lens. The lens is a beautiful black paint version of the Jahre retro style 50 Summicron and, being limited to 500 pieces, is quite rare for a modern lens. I'm looking for GBP 2500 OBO for the lens (including caps and hood). My understanding is that the condition of the set is genuinely mint (only owned by a collector and never used at all) but I will only be able to confirm that when I receive the set. If anyone thinks they will be interested in the lens at that price please PM me. Shipping will be extra at cost (eg. approx. GBP 75 for insured Fedex from UK to USA). I'm only looking for expressions of interest - I'm not expecting anyone to commit to anything without seeing photos of the lens and confirmation of its like-new condition.

Information about and photos of the lens can be seen here and here. Note that these are links to a third party website and are not the actual lens/body set that I am buying.

Last edited: