The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon lens sales for charity

aboudd

Inspired by Mike Thomas, I have decided to sell a few great items to raise money for a charity - Fisher House. I've been supporting Fisher House for a couple of years. I've pulled this from their web site to better explain their mission:

" Fisher House Foundation donates "comfort homes," built on the grounds of major military and VA medical centers. These homes enable family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful times - during the hospitalization for an unexpected illness, disease, or injury.

Annually, the Fisher House program serves more than 12,000 families, and have made available over three million days of lodging to family members since the program originated in 1990. By law, there is no charge for any family to stay at a Fisher House operated by the Department of Veterans Affairs; and Fisher House Foundation uses donations to reimburse the individual Fisher Houses operated by the Army, Navy, and Air Force. No family pays to stay at any Fisher House!"

There is a lot more to their story of course, which you can learn at www.fisherhouse.org. They are also top-rated by Charity Navigator.

I am offering these great Nikon manual focus lenses. You write a check to Fisher House, mail it to me and I will ship you the lens when it clears. You can also use a postal money order.

Here they are:

Nikon 20MM F4 Ai'd $275
Nikon 24MM 2.8 AI'd $175
Nikon 25-50 zoom, AI $285
Nikon 75-150 zoom, AI $150
Nikon 135 3.5 AI $75

add $10.00 for USPS shipping

All prices are net, firm. If you want to use paypal, add the 3% fee and I'll send the money to Fisher House myself.

This is an opportunity to help raise about $900 for Fisher House and get a nice Nikon optic in great shape. All lenses are in excellent condition with minimal cosmetic issues and crisp aperture function, smooth focus and yes, a couple of dust specks typical of lenses this vintage.

Inquiries by email only to [email protected]

aboudd

No good deed goes unpunished. Except for the dude who inquired about the $75 135, asked several questions requiring several return email and then told me he really wanted a 105 (!!!!!##%%***!) I have had no interest. So, due to lack of response I am now canceling this offer. ;-(

HOWEVER, for those of means and generous, I recommend you take the time to make a direct donation to Fisher House, they would love your support.