The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS- Leica Tri Elmar 28-35-50 mm f/4 E55 (version 1)

ashwinrao1

Hi all,
Up for sale, as I downsize my kit, is my lovely Leica Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 mm f/4 E55 lens (black anodized). This is the first version of this lens. I purchased the lens about 2 years ago, and it's seen steady use until about a year ago. In fact, here's my review of this lens (with images taken with the lens):

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/...-review-medium-angle-tri-elmar-by-ashwin-rao/

Optics are pristine, and there's no oil on the blades. There's typical paint wear on the barrell, what I would call mild brassing on the focal length, aperture and focussing rings. It's nothing unsightly, but there nonetheless. Aperture stops are firm. Focus throw is ever so slightly sticky, but not noticeable unless you are very attentive to detail. Glass is pristine, and has been protected with a B&W UV MRC filter since purchased it. This will come with the lens. Focusing is spot on on my M9

This Tri Elmar is not 6-bit coded, comes with front and rear caps, but there is no accompanying case or box.

This lens, typically retail for about $3000-5000 on this site, RFF, and ebizzle, sometimes far more should everything be perfect. I'd call mine a excellent condition (85-90% new condition, and that's being conservative, it's in great condition). In other words, it's a very nice user copy (not a collector), and I am throwing in the MRC filter as well....

My price for this lens is $3300 shipped & insured via UPS.....

CONUS SALE ONLY. I do not accept Paypal, so bank check is the preferred payment (personal checks acceptable, but both bank and personal check must clear prior to shipment...sorry them's the rules)

IF there's interest, I can post pics tomorrow after work....

All details are for full disclosure. From what I can tell, this is still below current market for this E55 v1 lens....I have tried to estimate a fair price that will allow this RARE lens to sell fast here to the interested party.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Previously arranged sale has fallen through. I have learned my lesson to avoid folks with no history here....

Regardless, lens is back up for sale....

Asking price remains at $3300...CONUS only...Same terms as stated above.

here are photos of the lens (I intentionally tried to show the worst of the brassing)....

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Ryan!

Lens is now "Sale Pending"...thanks for all of the interest from some very nice people on the forum. Only sorry to disappoint the folks who missed out.