The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Gitzo 2541L

Terry

The 2541L is a bit smaller than your big tripod but not that small. It only fits diagonally in my non carry on sized luggage and then only with the the ball head removed. Do you need the extra length of the L?

kdphotography

Ok, cats out of the bag. ;)

That spiffy Cambo WRS rig deserves nothing less than the new RRS tripod series. TVC-23, TVC-24, or TVC-24L.

Add Arca Swiss D4 head (getting Guy closer to a Cube experience) and you have a nice lighter weight tripod set-up for both the Cambo and 645DF.

I love my TVC-24! I know Guy just wants that longer L version so he can say he's taller than me... :D

ken

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Exactly Ken . The new version of the 2541L is called 2542L . Gitzo does this on a regular basis as improvements and new year models are introduced. I may go RRS and been thinking of replacing my 3 series as well. In stock is a issue with RRS need to call. Looks like no one has anything used here on either system.

Don Libby

It's too late but you might also consider Feisol. I've just bought one for my hiking tripod and am very pleased. The CT3443 with their leveling base (LB-7567) and a RRS PCL-1 is perfect for the Cambo. The total setup weights in at 4 lbs and supports 22 pounds which is well over 50% lighter than my Gitzo/Cube combo. I've tried this out and level almost as fast as I can on the Cube. I'm not giving up the Cube I just needed a lighter weight system for anything over a mile especially in harsh terrain.

Oh and Guy ... welcome to the club! :D