The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: ODO YAKUZA TOKYO Book by Anton Kusters

cmcmillan

There does seem to be a second edition that is being printed now.

http://www.antonkusters.com/2011/09/07/the-2nd-edition-of-yakuza-i-heed-your-call/

I hadn't heard of the book before seeing your WTB post. But, being a fan of traditional Japanese tattooing and already owning the Sandi Fellaman Japanese Tattoo book (with some stunning large format polaroid work), I had to look it up and get a copy myself.

I've always wanted to plan a trip to Japan to get some traditional work done by one of the masters who is still around. I think it would be worth saving for a year or two to be able to stay for a few weeks and tour the country nicely too. Also, the waiting lists are usually a few years long unless you are a Yakuza. :)

Chris

Erik Five

Replied Shiro!

I didnt know Chris! You should go there and get that done. Sounds like a great plan! I know a traditional japanese tattooer in Sweden actually. He has been studying it in Japan. A friend goes to him. Everything is done according to tradition. I think he is done with arms and legs and is now planning the backpiece.