The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 400mm f/5.5 Tele Astranar: 1950's West German, CLA'd with a 16 blade f/stops

M5-Guy

This is a Rare Lens:.. this is a early version, 2 element coated, Rack/Pinon Focus, the M42 mount is uncommon, the Exacta mount was the original, then the Practica m42 became popular with the Pentax gaining a popular following.
I have had this professionally Cleaned, Adjusted, Re-Lubed with modern lube, and the f/stop blades re-installed (all 16 of them... Great Bokoh at any f/stop!), Then I bought a m42>m4/3 adapter that Bob (From "CameraRepairs.com") adjusted for Proper INF mark.

This is a very sharp lens at all distances and f/stops... see samples

Lens Model
:
400mm f/5.5 to f/22 Tele Astranar in M42 mount with M42>m4/3 custom adjusted for INF with this lens.

Lens Date Code if applicable
:
1950's West German made

Lens Body Condition:

E-... NO dents, all functions as normal... Pre-Set f/stop rings, Focus wheel on the side of lens... fast for hand held focusing. (180* from 20' to INF), Has a tripod collar that allows camera rotation w/o using the tripod controls.

Lens Glass Condition:

Good, Shows a few age spots... no effect on IQ... see samples

Sale Includes:

Lens, M42>m4/3 adapter custom adjusted for this lens, no hood.. Not a 72mm, uses a custom hood... maybe 70-71mm ??

Price:

$300.00 Shipped in USA....

Payments Accepted:

PayPal: Confirmed Address:

Possible Trades:

N/A

Shipping Methods Available (Ships From):

UPS, Insured/Tracked/Sig Required

Shipping Available To:

USA ONLY:

Item location:

Near Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Best Contact Method:

PM. Email [email protected]

eBay: peterarbib
RFF: Rangefinder Forum Feedback

Photos:

Last edited:

M5-Guy

Around 40oz of liquid weight.. (I emptied Milk out of a Gal jug until it weighted about the same, and I poured that in a measuring bowl... 40oz.. 2.5lbs?), but is all medal, If you hand carry it, you sling it over your shoulder or let it hang straight down from your neck strap.
I have hand held all but the 1st 3 sample photos.The 1st 3 where on a Tiltall Mini, others around f/5.5 to f/8 at ISO 800 on my just sold G1)

The Maker is "Piesker"
From a thread about this lens... ... "You have a .more desirable version of the Piesker I think, earlier production. And its also much more rare in M42.."

Last edited:

M5-Guy

LAST PRICE DROP

$275.00 for an OVERHAULED and CLA'd 400mm f/5.5 West German Lens..
One of the finest in the 1950's, an still holds it's own today!

PayPal.... USA Only Please

M5-Guy

This lens will fit any Pentax M42 Or K (w/adapter)... I know of no Pentax M42 to Leica M made... I use it on my Panasonic G3 with a m4/3 adapter....(FOV = 800mm f/5.5).

It is a RARE and very well made lens, that has great sharpness, even by today's standards.. I had it overhauled and cleaned, blades are like new, focus is smooth but firm (no play)....when they do show up on eBay, in this condition, they can fetch $300.00+,

There was one on eBay last week for $160.00... but, it had element separation and needed a overhaul... (that's a $75 charge min), and that would not fix the element separation... that would require a repair guy with an optical bench to re-aline the element block after overhauling the block. MORE $$$$

THIS LENS, has no separation, a few spots on the lens.. that DOES NOT EFFECT IQ AT ALL...(It is an over 50 year old lens!!) See the samples above...

M5-Guy

PRICE DROP: LOOK!!!!

$225.00 for an OVERHAULED CLA'd Classic 400mm f/5.5.

one one finest in the 1950's, STILL a fine lens...

USA Only please.... PayPal __________________