The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEICA M2 + CANON 50MM 1.8 + HOOD $775.00

flipflop

Hello,

I just purchased this camera from cjm (Chris Middleton) I received it in the mail today, 1 hour ago. Right after I purchased the camera (9/13/2011) I had the opportunity to purchase a 21mm for my Contax G. I do not have the photography budget to own both the 21mm and the Leica. Below is the description provided by Chris.

Here is a link to his original ad:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/phot...0mm-f1-8/cat/3

The camera is exactly as described and all shutter speeds seem accurate to me. I would keep the camera if I had the funds.

I took a couple pictures of the camera, Chris has some more in his ad.

Also, I purchased the camera kit for $775.00 and I feel the price was a great deal for the combo that I received. I will honor that price and I would just like to break even on this and pass along a very nice Leica outfit to someone who is going use it and enjoy it.

(Chris's previous for sale description):

I am regretfully selling my Leica M2 and Canon 50mm f1.8. I have some major car repairs and my Leica won't get me to and from work. I'll probably buy another M2 in about 6 months. It's hands down the best camera I've ever had the pleasure of using.

The M2 is a 1958 push button without the self timer. Barebones. A true user. It has a few nicks here and there but nothing major. There is brassing on some of the edges, mostly at the bottom. And yes there is brassing showing through on the center of the bottom plate. All the speeds appear accurate. There are no light leaks and the curtains are in good condition. The viewfinder is bright and the focusing is accurate. The focusing patch has a few lines across it that you can see in one of the pictures below. This has not changed in the three years I've owned the camera. It's not getting any worse and works just fine, even in extremely low light. The camera leather is in excellent condition.

Bottom line, I've used this camera extensively over the past three years. 100 rolls in temperatures ranging from below zero to 120 degrees F. It has NEVER given me any problems and has worked perfectly.

If you looking for a collector's item, this is probably not it. If your looking for a Leica that just works, you've found it.

The Canon 50mm f1.8 LTM is an excellent lens and this is an excellent example. There are no major scratches or dings that affect performance. There are the usual cleaning marks and dust that is expected for any 50 year old lens.

Please look at the pictures this lens produces. I think they speak for themselves:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrismi...non50mmf18ltm/

Also, almost all the pictures in my RFF gallery were taken with this combo.

I am also including the camera strap in the photos, the lens hood with 40mm to 40.5mm step up ring and LTM to M adapter, free of charge when the camera and lens are purchased together.

If this does not sell as a whole in a couple days I will consider selling separately.

I have made a good faith effort to describe the condition of these items to the best of my ability. I will accept returns within 3 days of your receipt if something was described inaccurately.

D

david3558

Hi, I am definitely interested but your links aren't working - could you shoot me an email?

lockedcogs at gmail dot com