The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED scanner, mint, with glass holder

stpf8

FS: Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED scanner. Purchased new by me just last November; there are still two months left on the warranty. It’s in mint condition cosmetically and operationally. Includes all of the original items in the box, and in addition I’m including the all-important 120/220 film holder from Nikon with anti-newton glass and masking sheets for 6x4.5, 6x6, 6x7, 6x8, and 6x9 film along with material for making your own masking sheets (totally eliminates Newton rings while keep the film perfectly flat).

The scans are superb and its operation is flawless. Since I purchased the scanner, it has sat in one location in a smoke-free home, never moved, and used lightly by a non-professional. I use primarily digital cameras, but I used the scanner to scan some previous 35mm and 6x7 as well as some new 6x4.5 and 6x6, less than 450 scans total. I ran the scanner with a Mac with OS 5.2.8. I’ve sold the last of my film cameras (yes, I do miss them: Pentax 645NII and Hasselblad 501cm with some wonderful lenses), and having a scanner without a film camera isn’t very useful (!). Included in the sale are:

• The Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED scanner
  • Original packing box
  • Original shipping box (i.e., it’s double boxed)
  • Nikon Scan software CD
  • User’s Manual and set-up guide
  • FH-835S 35mm film strip holder (never used)
  • FH-835M mounted 35mm film holder
  • FH-869S 120/220 film holder (never used)
  • FH-869G 120/220 film holder with anti-newton glass and masking sheets
  • Power cord and firewire cable
  • IEEE 1394 PCI Board (no idea what this is for; never used)

The FH-869G glass holder has some light marks on the glass that can be seen when held at a certain angle to the light (I’ve used this holder for several years with my former Coolscan 8000). They have no effect whatsoever on the scans. Shown are two recent scans taken with this holder. The Joshua Tree photo (6x6 with Hasselblad) came in at 417 MB. The scan of the Sweetgrass Hills sunrise (Montana) is the very last scan I made with this scanner (just yesterday, in fact); it scanned at 529 MB (6x7 film); one version is shown straight from the scanner with no pre- or post-adjustments at all; the other only had some noise reduction applied (Nik’s Dfine). [Note: if these don’t show in the ad, all photos can be seen at:

http://photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=1016035

or I’ll email them to you.]

Asking $3300 + actual shipping (insured, and your choice of USPS or UPS). Paypal gift is preferred; add 3% for regular paypal. Cashier’s checks are also accepted, but they must clear prior to shipping.

For sale only to CONUS and Canadian buyers.

I’ve bought and sold extensively for 20+ years on photo.net, fredmiranda.com (SteveP), apug.org (stp), e**y (stp-montana), and others. Never had a problem on either end buying or selling, and I want to keep it that way.

Let me know if you have any questions: [email protected] is my direct email.