The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica 75 APO Summicron ASPH 6 Bit

blackhawksjon

Hello,

I am selling my like-new 75mmAPO Summicron ASPH. I have owned it since new for 5-6 months and have used it less than 5 times. It is just a focal length I rarely use ,and is the only reason I am selling. That and I am using the $ to fund another lens purchase. Regardless, the lens has everything that came with it as you can see in the picture. There is not a mark on the barrel, and the glass is pristine. I am asking $3600 to your door 2nd day air, but will listen to offers if they are reasonable. A couple items of note:

1. Only US upper 48 states are eligible for the sale.
2. I will only ship to an actual address with direct signature of the individual purchasing the lens.
3. I would like to speak with the person on the phone to verify they are actually a human.
4. I will ship the item once the paypal has cleared. I learned my lesson the hard way on this one.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you like. I am on FM as well and have nothing but positive feedback there. Thanks!

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I like note 3 the best; I feel this is a perfectly reasonable thing to ask! Good luck with the sale, Kit

blackhawksjon

I hate to have to put a couple of those in there. But a few grand later, I had no choice. I like to think everyone is fair and honest like myself. I learned my lesson the hard way :(

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
If it's any help to sellers/buyers outside the U S: re. selling to Australia, if the value listed on the package is >$1,000, then the local buyer is liable for Customs and GST charges (this adds about 25-30%).

Selling into the Eurozone, the buyer is liable for the local taxes too.

hth, kl

blackhawksjon

Thanks for clearing that up for me Kit. I have sold a couple lenses to Canada with no issues but never anywhere in the Euro zone.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I have bought and sold many things here and on FM (and many of them well above the $1,000 threshold that Australia has), and although I am not fond of paying these charges :))) I just factor them in. It is SOP that taxes are handled by the importer.

I have not have any U S buyer have to pay tax of any kind, but Canadian buyers always have to. hth, kl