The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Canon 5D, Not interested in 5DII

flipflop

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has a Canon 5D for sale in excellent condition. Would need to know the shutter count, also would like the serial number to start with a 2 if possible.

I know a lot of people are upgrading to the 5DII.

Thanks,
Colin

saxshooter

The original Canon 5D was introduced over 6 years ago. The 5D Mark II was introduced over 3 years ago. If you can wait a couple more months, it may be worth your patience.

flipflop

Hmm...I have a D90 now which is fine, but I borrowed my buddies D700 for a couple weeks and the full frame camera was amazing. I have read some good things about the Canon 5D even though it is rather old. I don't need video and alot of the other gimmicks the new cameras have. I just need nice clean raw files and the full frame sensor.

Thanks for the info. Do you have an article or anything like that says Canon is coming out with the 5DIII in the next few months or is it just speculation?

saxshooter

Any person who can speak "with authority" on the matter is bound by non-disclosure agreements. You can search on the internet and see the discussions, and given the timeline, one would think that they would have introduced it by now.

I am "in the business" and do believe that a 5D Mark III replacement is certainly overdue and we will be hearing of it soon.

If you come across a good deal on a 5D, then go for it.

But if you can wait a little while longer, then you should.