The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Please advise on this items condition.

stpf8

Yeah, the condition of the lens was over-stated. This has happened to me twice, but only one was significant. The seller and I worked out a partial refund, and I was satisfied.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I'm with Bob on this:

ex- (due to scratches)

- - - - -

Expressed with numbers I would rate it:

7 (out of 10)

ryc

So, if you paid 900.00 for it thinking it was like new, how much would you have paid for it knowing the real condition?

stpf8

Of course, there is a big difference between "like new" and "new." The "like new" has been driven out of the showroom, and that's when the biggest price drop occurred. It somewhat depends on the "new" price of the lens; what was that price?

aleksanderpolo

If it is $900 for a ZF 21/2.8 (if I am not mistaken) I wouldn't complain

Edit: O never mind, it is 18/3.5 :)

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

So, if you paid 900.00 for it thinking it was like new, how much would you have paid for it knowing the real condition?

Looks like a 3.5/18mm ZF.

I think I’d be willing to pay ~ 680 USD, assuming it is ver. I.

It may very well function perfectly, but it’s my experience that it may also very well be rather difficult to sell it again at a good price.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
When I bought it, this is how it was described to me:

I just want to make sure I am not expecting too much or being finicky.

When I read the description I was assuming like new.
Jorge,

That lens isn't like new nor even pretty much like new. It is maybe optically excellent but with user wear. If it was described as excellent condition with some minor brasing then that might be ok. As you know Zeiss and Leica glass is hard to keep as new if you actually use it vs stroke it or store in a cupboard. Some minor brasing isn't a problem but it should be reflected in the price and condition description.

I'd go back to seller and negotiate some settlement unless you got a killer deal in the first place. Like new it definitely isn't. Like new should be perfect without any cosmetic flaws. Period.