The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS Contax G2 Millenium Kit £999 (use on m43 NEX) UK & Europe - feeler

jonoslack

Hi There

I bought a Contax G2 millennium kit on ebay a week or two back to use the lenses on my NEX . . . nice black lenses.

Aluminium box
Contax G2 - full working order, but with missing viewfinder blind and some marks
Lenses: 28mm 45mm 90mm complete with leather bags, caps and lens hoods (45 lens hood with bash visible middle and bottom of shot).
Contax TLA flash gun including it's leather case

However, I realise that the reality is that if I use MF lenses on the NEX 5n they are always going to be my leica lenses.

So - I'm considering either selling this kit complete . . . or breaking it up and selling it separately on ebay. The simplest solution is for someone here to snap it up, and to be honest, I think the price I'm mentioning is pretty much what I'd get for the lenses on ebay (being black and all).

I can easily do better pictures, however, the basic situation is that the lenses all have pristine glass but a few small cosmetic marks on the barrels (you can see that here).

The lens hoods are all there, the 45mm has an unsightly bash on one side, and the camera has a few marks, and is missing the viewfinder cup (these are all things which were not told to me by the seller (shrug).

The leather cases for each lens is there, and they are all housed in a nice aluminium case saying CONTAX in friendly black letters.

I'd throw in a Contax / NEX adapter into the deal.

So - if you're interested in these three lenses - throw me a grand and I'll send them to you (together with a free camera and a nice box!) - £40 carriage charge in Europe - £20 in the UK. I'll take paypal or bank transfer or cash - happiest with meeting and exchange. (incidentally - it's £200 less than I paid for it :cry:)

As I say - if anyone's interested then more pictures will be forthcoming

Last edited:

glee719

Re: Contax G2 Millenium Kit £999 (use on m43 NEX) UK & Europe - feeler

Why not just keep it? It's a fine kit by itself.

jonoslack

Re: Contax G2 Millenium Kit £999 (use on m43 NEX) UK & Europe - feeler

Why not just keep it? It's a fine kit by itself.
That's a radical idea!
Actually I want to buy a couple of R lenses (notably the 28-90) and I need to do some trading.

Why not just buy it :)

all the best

jonoslack

Just to clarify - it's not the 45 lens with the unsightly mark, but the lens hood (bottom middle).
There does seem to be some interest, so I'll do some more pictures tonight.

all the best

jonoslack

Pictures of Lenses and Lens hoods

More Images:
First of all the lenses - these all have small marks on the barrel, but the glass is fine and clean, free of dust and stuff.

90mm f2.8:

45 f2:

28 f2.8:

lens hoods:
these are not perfect - as you can see from the picture, but they are serviceable.

all the best

jonoslack

More Pictures - case and general views

General Views
As you can see - the camera is a 'user' -fully functional, but with marks.

There are leather cases for the flash gun, and all the lenses - all in excellent condition.

all the best

jonoslack

I am only saying because I have the same kit and I still occasionally use it :)
HI There
sorry - missed your response. It's lovely - but the real intention was to use the lenses on a modern camera . . . but I realise that I'm more likely to use my Leica lenses.

If I were going to shoot film again, then maybe . . . but I've been there and I don't think I'll go back!

Mind you - from your point of view, a second kit might be just the business :)

all the best