The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leaf Aptus 75S

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Ok, here comes the big dog. After long and often painful drunken states, I have finally come to the conclusion that I am not going to open another studio myself for commercial work, so all of these tools are going up on the block for sale to pay for my move into other photographic segments. I almost even went out and got a "normal" job, but decided I just can't give up what I love doing <Grin>. Guess that is what happens when you get up here in years to the point you can actually start counting them, and making them count!

So, up on the block today is my much loved Leaf Aptus 75S, in Contax 645 mount. You don't have a Contax body? No problem. I am including one of mine. Along with the beautiful 80mm f2 lens. So you get the complete kit. I also will include several extra batteries for the Aptus, and assist any way I can in transferring the remaining full factory warranty to you, good until this coming spring. My price on this is set to sell it fast at only $19,995. You pay for delivery however you want it done, and you pay me by direct wire transfer to my bank account. Back and camera are both in excellent condition, and fully guaranteed to work properly. Both were purchased new by me, so I know their complete history. I will also be selling my extensive Contax 645 equipment collection & lenses after this sale, so the buyer of this camera also gets first choice on a complete Contax 645 digital studio of gear. PM me or better yet, email directly to [email protected]. I fully expect to sell this camera in the next few days at this low price, so if you are interested email me right away.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The big dog is on the streets. Great back folks. Chuck has certainly shot some amazing images with it, hopefully it goes to a nice home. Good luck

PSon

...I will also be selling my extensive Contax 645 equipment collection & lenses after this sale, so the buyer of this camera also gets first choice on a complete Contax 645 digital studio of gear. PM me or better yet, email directly to [email protected]. I fully expect to sell this camera in the next few days at this low price, so if you are interested email me right away.
Chuck has some of the rarest Contax 645 gears so whoever going to buy the Aptus 75s certainly has the first priority. The Aptus 75s has great feedbacks from professional users and it is rare to see in the Contax 645 mount.

Best Wishes,
-Son

D

DougDolde

I have the same kit and love the files it produces. I hope you get your price, it's worth it.

David K

Workshop Member
I have the same kit and love the files it produces. I hope you get your price, it's worth it.
Delighted to hear you still love your back Doug... I was pretty sure you would. Chuck and I bought our backs on the same trip to Atlanta but he wound up getting the one that took better photos. Luck of the draw I guess :)

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Delighted to hear you still love your back Doug... I was pretty sure you would. Chuck and I bought our backs on the same trip to Atlanta but he wound up getting the one that took better photos. Luck of the draw I guess :)
Boy do I remember that trip!:D:D:D

lance

D

DougDolde

"I was pretty sure you would. Chuck and I bought our backs on the same trip to Atlanta but he wound up getting the one that took better photos. Luck of the draw I guess"

Thats a real **** ****ed comment Kipper.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Uh Doug...

All David was implying was that Chuck routinely gets better images than he does, NOT that his back was in any way inferior to Chuck's... Having shot along side Chuck myself, it's a feeling I can relate to.

PS: Calling people names like that will get me pissed off enough to ban you --- consider yourself warned.

PSon

For those who do not know Chuck; he's one of the best photographers around the league and Jack himself is a great photographer and mentor to many of us since the beginning of digital. On my part Guy is my favorite at FM and together they have educated many of us. Thus, the community they built here is a unique one where respect for one another is very important. Together as a group we gain so much from each thus let's us all play nicely. I greatly respect Jack in this stand it represents great leadership in him as some of you may call him our "fearless leader." On the other side of the token, I hope Doug will not take this personal and allow us to move forward together.

btw speaking of mentor photographers on the internet, Marc Williams should also be mentioned.

best regards,
-Son

David K

Workshop Member
Jack,
You are precisely right, my comment had nothing to do with the relative quality of the backs and everything to do with the fact that Chuck is a better photographer than I am.

Doug,
We've had a more than civil relationship in the context of a high ticket purchase. Let's keep it that way. I've never been rude to you and can't imagine why you thought I would start now. I thought you knew me better than that. Let's just put this misunderstanding behind us.

PSon

Jack,
You are precisely right, my comment had nothing to do with the relative quality of the backs and everything to do with the fact that Chuck is a better photographer than I am.

Doug,
We've had a more than civil relationship in the context of a high ticket purchase. Let's keep it that way. I've never been rude to you and can't imagine why you thought I would start now. I thought you knew me better than that. Let's just put this misunderstanding behind us.
very high class David!

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Geez guys, you are running off all the buyers!! <Grin>. Ok, nobody interesting in my Contax & Lens, take just the Aptus 75S alone for $18,995 delivered!

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
So am I to be honest. Guess there just aren't that many Leaf shooters on this forum... Well, last call here, then I am going to list it on a few other places...

A

AnthonyR

You want too much money.

Photokina is right around the corner.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Anthony, since this is your first post, I assume that you have not spent the time researching the used market as I have, so I will respond more kindly to your remark than you have to my own post.

First, the lowest priced used Aptus 75S still under warranty I have seen in the past six months was $19.500. An excellent price for a still current product that originally cost $33,000. To replace my back today with another used one from a reputable dealer would cost me in the ballpark of $23,000. Please correct my own findings if you have better information that we here do not have.

As far as Photokina goes, there is always another trade show just around the corner where new gear is announced. Whether you can buy one today though is very much another story. Likely most of this gear will not be actually delivered until sometime the middle of this coming year at best. Oh, and it will cost the full retail price, in the $30,000+ dollar range, if not more. So to be honest, I am not quite sure what your point is about Photokina. You couldn't afford it anyway, and neither could I <Grin>.

David K

Workshop Member
With regard to the current value of this back... I sold the exact same back, with the exact same warranty expiration, for the exact same price right here on this forum. One of the things that makes this one "special", at least for the right person, is that it's configured for the Contax 645. Much harder to find one ready for the Contax platform if that's what you want to shoot.