The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD Nikon AF 14-24, AF 85 f1.4D, AF 16 f2.8 fisheye Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 ALL BOXED USA

D&A

Hi All,

I'm concentrating on purchasing some additonal gear for a number of photographic projects, so a fair amount of some of my Nikon lenses and bodies will be listed for sale in different listings. As time permits over the next few days I'll of course post pictures. Please take the time to read all descriptions, especially the last lens, the Sigma Af 50mm f1.4...Don't Underestimate the performance of this lens"...and my description of this lens (below) tells why!

*** First Please note: As usual I am usually on my cell phone, so responding to PM's is sometimes difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then of course possible to answer PM's. Thanks!

1) First up for sale in this posting is my Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 lens. Pictures are now posted below. It is a USA lens. Little has to be said as what is universaly acccepted as the finest wide/ultra wide angle zoom angle lens for full frame 35mm. Lens is just about in LN conditon with sight signs thats it's been handled or used. Glass inside and out is flawless. Zoom and focusing controls are smooth and aperture blades of course clean.

The reason I mentioned "Best out of 5 Samples", is that there are a certain few type of lenses that I'm aware that some form of sample variability exists. When it comes to wide angle zooms, this is especially true. Often times there is some decentering and uneveness of sharpness comparing right & left sides and for my large format printed images, I wasnted to make certain that I had an exceptional sample. This sample was the best one optically of the ones I tested although Nikon does have fairly good optical consistancy with their 14-24 f2.8 lenses.

Lens comes boxed with original Nikon rigid front and rear caps, Nikon USA paperwork, instruction booklet and Nikon case & strap. *** In addition, I am including a LensCoat soft neoprene foldable slip on front lens cap. It's sized and fits perfectly and ideal to use this lens cap for everyday use as it slips on & off very easily and can be quickly folded and studded in your pocket. The original Nikon rigid front cap included, is big and non foldable.

New, this lens sells at B&H etc. for $1995.00 and my selling price is $1479.00 (3% additional for Paypal) plus shipping/insurance.

2) Next up for sale in this posting is my Nikon 85mm f1.4 D lens. Pictures are now posted below. It is a USA lens and is of all metal construction unlike the current $1700 partly plastic 85mm G lens that Nikon now offers. I've shot both 85mm lenses and for my money, the two are ever so close in performance (for most subjects, almost impossible to tell) and the D version when all things are considered, is an absolute best buy, with virtually nothing lost. Lens is just about in LN conditon with little signs of use, since it was a indoor studio use only lens. Only a slight very tiny rub mark can be seen on the barrel if one looks very closely for it, otherwise perfect. Glass inside and out is flawless and lens performance is spectacular. Focusing is smooth

Lens comes boxed with original Nikon front and rear caps, the original Nikon metal hood and all Nikon USA paperwork. Price is $849.00 (3% additional for Paypal) plus shipping/insurance.

3) Next up for sale in this posting is my Nikon AF 16mm f2.8D Fisheye-Nikkor lens. It is a USA lens. Always a creative and fun lens and often times just whats needed. Lens is in decent shape but certainly not LN. Barrel looks decent for the most part with some brassing/paint loss at the very edges of the built-in pedal shaped hood and a bit of cosmetic scuffing on the sides of the same hood. Not really too noticable but the lens clearly has been used. Some wear can be seen on lens mount. Focusing ring is smooth, glass looking through the lens is clear and clean but there are some small/very small dots or specs on the front element (may be slight coating marks), but no scratches etc. and there hasn't been any optical issues, inside or outside in bright light. Performance of this fish-eye is well known and it's why it's been a staple in many Nikon camera bags for years...it's that good! Well built all metal barrel, small and light, so easy to always take along.

Lens comes in it's original Nikon box with the leatherette pouch containing three extra rear screw-in filters. Lens has original Nikon rear lens cap but front plastic cap was lost. Lens has small generic plastic cap that slides over front edge of built-in hood. Replacement front caps easily purchased from B&H or directly from Nikon. Lens also comes with all Nikon USA Paperwork.

New, this lens sells at B&H etc. $900 and my selling price since lens is far from perfect is $475 (3% additional for Paypal) plus shipping/insurance.

4) Finally up for sale in this posting is my Sigma (USA) AF 50mm f1.4 lens for Nikon. To get right to the point why I always say "Don't Underestimate this Lens"...is simply in my and many others opinion, this may be the finest AF 50mm lens for Nikon and was certainly what I found, especially after testing four different samples of this lens and picking out the best of them. In many cases, most simply think of only a Nikon branded lens but in this and a handfull of other lenses, Sigma and (some other manufacturers) clearly in a performance winner.

The Sigma is one of those rare current 35mm lenses where both sharpness and the way the lens draws is often described and at times, one thinks more along the lines of a Leica lens as opposed to just another sharp lens. Sharpness wide open, this lens easily holds it's own againt the current Nikon offering but has the additional attribute of how it performs at the wider apertures. It's creamy OOF bokeh is just not seen in most other 50mm SLR lenses and for many types of photography, especially portraits, it truly has a lovely rendering, while retaining sharpness in details. Words not often heard of when it comes to SLR lenses in the 50mm range. It's quiet in its focusing and wonderfully built. Thats why more and more are choosing this lens over the current Nikon 50mm f1.4 AF-S lens even though the Sigma is more expensive. Believe it or not, out of many of my Leica and Med. Format Lenses, this one is one of the most difficult ones to let go of (especially after taking so much time to pick the best of four samples).

Lens is absolutely perfect...essentially looks unused in all ways. Glass inside and out is flawless and lens performance is spectacular. Focusing is smooth and quite with HSM motor and barrel condition perfect. Lens is LN+. Only used a few times in an indoor studio setting.
***Like a number of other key lenses that I heard might have some variability in optical performance, I tested a number fair number of samples of the Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 and selected the overall best performing one at time of purchase.

Lens comes boxed with original Sigma front and rear caps, Sigma soft lens case, the original Sigma pedal style hood and Sigma paperwork. B&H's price is $500. My price is $419.00 (3% additional for Paypal) plus shipping/insurance

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one went perfectly and was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for over 13 years with 1369 pure positives (no neutrals or negatives).

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks for looking at this and other Nikon related items I will be listing in next day or two.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: FS: Nikon AF 14-24, AF 85 f1.4D, AF 16 f2.8 fisheye, Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 ALL BOXED

Thanks David for putting these all in one thread.

D&A

Re: FS: Nikon AF 14-24, AF 85 f1.4D, AF 16 f2.8 fisheye, Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 ALL BOXED

<gentle Bump> Hopefully when my busy schedule of work lets up a bit, I'll be able to post additional pics of items. Thx!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

These incredible performing and desirable lenses still available, such as the Nikon AFS 14-24mm f2.8, the Nikon AF-D 85mm f1.4D lens, the Nikon AF 16mm f2.8 D fisheye and the Sigma AF 50mm f.4...which is most definitely an amazing lens. I hope one of these fine lenses interests you! Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

Here are images of the remainder of the lenses for sale (in this thread). Starting with the Nikon 16mm f2.8 D fisheye lens. Thanks (D&A)

D&A

Now some pics of the fabulous Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 lens.

D&A

Hi All,

New prices on these superb lenses with everything as described (above) are the following: These are some of the lowest prices around for these items. Prices are plus shipping (and 3% for paypal payments). If you have any questions, please don't hestiate to ask.

Nikon AF 14-24mm f2.8 G ED AFS ---> $1429

Nikon AF 85mm f1.4D ---------------> $ 819

Nikon AF16mm f2.8D fisheye --------> $ 439

Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG ------------> $ 405

*** Again, its easier for me if you respond via e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

One final price drop on these very desirable lenses with everything thats described (above). These are some of the most attractive prices around. Prices are plus shipping (and 3% for paypal payments). If you have any questions, please don't hestiate to ask.

Nikon AF 14-24mm f2.8 G ED AFS ---> $1359

Nikon AF 85mm f1.4D ---------------> $ 779

Nikon AF16mm f2.8D fisheye --------> $ 375

Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG ------------> $ 399

*** Again, its easier for me if you respond via e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Just an update....the Nikon 14-24 f2.8, 85mm f1.4D, and the 16mm f2.8 D fisheye are now all sold, pending payment.

The Nikon Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 (listed in a seperate FS posting) and the Sigma 50mm f1.4 are still available at this time. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

A final update...All items in this FS ad EXCEPT the Sigma Af 50mm f1.4, are now sold. I'll prbably at some point make a seperate ad for the sale of the Sigma. Thanks everyone for looking.

Dave (D&A)