The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adaptable Schneider 55mm PCS Super-Angulon f4.5/ 55mm Perspective Control lens

eldonsphoto

Bronica mount medium format lens that has been adapted to Nikon but adapters are available for many camera types.
Price: $1,850.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: Will only ship to CONUS with ship/insurance costs split 50/50

Extremely Rare Schneider 55mm PCS Super-Angulon f4.5/ 55mm Perspective Control lens for Tilt-Shift work.
This lens was very expensive when released, and is probably the ultimate tilt-shift lens for 645 format cameras or you can buy an adapter for several different camera models... it works great on my Nikon D3s.

It comes with both caps, a Nikon AI mount and a Kirk tripod collar to get the weight off the camera and fits very securely but is not handy to rotate from vertical to horizontal... I keep it set up vertically (for stitching) and use a RRS ball head and just make the transition with it.

What is special is that it shifts in both directions - horizontal and vertical - and can tilt at the same time for perspective control. This is very rare: 3 axis movements, each with their own control. This means you can do architecture work with perfect verticals, and, if you want, add tilt for extended depth of field, or the opposite - shallow focus look. Also, very importantly you can stitch with your MF digital back or DSLR files, 2 or 4 ways on the huge 104mm image circle. Shift to one end, take a shot, shift the lens across to the other end, take another. Use Photoshop to Auto-stitch them perfectly, and get a giant file, with a quality not obtainable in a single shot. Why buy an Alpa when this lets you stitch with your Hasselblad, looking through the lens?!

The lens was released in very small numbers in various mounts, this being one in the Bronica version. You can of course put it on the Bronica camera, or get it modified to another mount, or use an interchangeable adapter to other camera mounts. The previous owner claims to have seen one modified for Hasselblad, and one for Mamiya 645.
There are a number of adapters available on ebay to convert Bronica lenses to other mounts - please make a search for your specific adapter requirements. The lens is manual aperture.

The lens is in perfect working order - there are no marks on it optically and only very minor signs of use on outer body - truly very good condition throughout. There are no dents, dings, chips or fungus in the lens at all.
Please note: It was not disclosed to me when I bought the lens but the rubber focus grip has been replaced by a piece that is about a half inch too short but works just fine and could be replaced if it bothers you.
It has floating elements and is of course multi coated.

New the last list price was over $10,000!
Please do not confuse this lens with a normal shift lens - it has the optics, abilities and quality way beyond those!

Please email questions...Serious enquiries only please.

Last edited:

eldonsphoto

I want to be clear that this is a Bronica mount with a Nikon adapter but can be adapted to several different camera models like Canon, Mamiya, etc.
Thanks for looking

eldonsphoto

I know that there were not many of these lenses made but I think the people who had one have contacted me and they want one back... THE LENS HAS SOLD!
Thank you Son!!!