The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NIKKOR 50mm F1.4 LTM (Nippon Kogaku)

lucaloren

Hi, I have for sale a Nikkor (Nippon Kogaku) 50mm F1.4 LTM lens. This is a late model version of this lens as can be seen by the black aperture ring.
If you are looking to find a substitute for a 50 summilux - this is it. It was regarded as a much better lens than the equivalent 50mm Summilux at that time.

The lens is cosmetically in fabulous condition as you can see from the photos. The lens barrel has no scratches or marks on it.
The glass is also in superb shape with no haze, fungus or scratches on any of the glass elements. Under very strong white light you can see some cleaning marks on the front element. The aperture blades are perfect with no oil or wear on them.

The aperture ring clicks into place and focus is smooth. There is no play in the aperture or focus ring. This lens focusses down to 16inches although the rangefinder will decouple well before that at 0.7metres. Dante Stella has a little review of this lens at his website but it is generally regarded as a sharp lens even wide open and has the beautiful sonnar type bokeh.

As you will note, the infinity lock is missing but this in no way affects the functioning of the lens.

It comes with the original Nikkor lens cap but does not have the rear lens cap.

The reason I am selling is that I have just picked up the Zeiss 50 Sonnar and can not keep two similar style lenses.

I have reduced my asking price to US$600 for this great example of this classic lens. Happy to ship internationally but please let's talk to agree on shipping price.

I have been a long time lurker and user of this site and at RFF. I have bought from members on both these sites and have a presence on the 'bay - all with the same username.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.
Cheers!

akiralx

I shoot one of these on my M9 with an adaptor, and it is indeed sharp at f/1.4, and with a wonderful rendering for b&w.

newghost

I have an earlier version of this and its definitely my fav sonnar.... oof rendering is really nice and the glow when shot wide open, that's just awesome!

I wouldn't be surpised at all if this lens is coming to Singapore! hahaha...