The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 1952 Jupiter-3 1.5/50 LTM Lens

coors

This lens was purchased from a Kiev, Ukraine seller about 2 years ago. I've been using it with two different m4/3 camera bodies during this time. It's been completely disassmbled and CLAed, by me. I did go heavy on the white-lithium grease on the helicals, so it's very damped in use. I also modified the lens for a closer minimum focus. Originally close focus was 40", it's now 281/8". Since I haven't owned a rangefinder body for several years, now, I wasn't able to calibrate it for rangefinder use. If you're interest in this lens is for a rangefinder camera body, then just assume that the lens is not calibrated for such use.
The aperture blades are clean, no oil. Both the front and rear elements exibit a fairly heavy amount of cleaning marks (scratches to the coating, some may be deeper than the coating.) I've tried to show these in the photos of this lens. There are a few air bubbles, as well. There is also some dust between the elements, but no fungus or haze. All that said, I'd still rate this as one of the two best lenses that I've ever used. I'm selling to help fund another lens purchase.
The lens comes with both original caps and the plastic case that i received it in. The lens hood shown in the photos is included. I'd like $210 shipped, to US address or $220 shipped overseas. I'll only accept Paypal as form of payment, for this lens.