The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: LEICA 35 SUMMILUX "AA" DOUBLE ASPHERICAL V1

H

HenriCartier

Hello.

I'm selling probably the rarest and BEST LENS MADE BY LEICA, THE FAMOUS 35mm Summilux ASPHERICAL TYPE 1 with TWO ASPHERICAL GLASSES HAND MADE. Serial number: 3460997 made in 1988 by the Leica Factory.

CONDITION OF THE LENS :

BODY : 3,8/5. Small scratches of normal use. (look at the picture)
OPTIC :
The back of the lens is MINT. 5/5.
The front of the lens is near MINT : 4,5/5. there are few very micro ultra thin scratches but invisible except with a powerful torch and microscope view. There is ONE micro ultra small dust inside the lens. ALL THESE THINGS ARE TOTALLY INVISIBLE ON THE PICTURES TOOK WITH ANY M CAMERA, AND OF COURSE M8/M9.
The aperture ring and the focus ring work perfect.

Pictures are here : http://img707.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dsc01391yp.jpg

The lens comes complete in box with the lens Hood original Leica and his leica front cap, Leica classic front and back caps and the leica leather case, the user manual, warranty card, and test certificate.
The lens just arrived from Solms for a complete check up 5/5.

PRICE : 10500 EUROS. Open to reasonable offers.

For this deal, I will prefere to use bank transfer because the paypal fees are crazy on 10500 euros but, if you really want, you can pay via paypal and pay the fees of course.
The price includes worldwide shipping cost.

Thanks.

Last edited:
H

HenriCartier

Re: FS: LEICA 35 SUMMILUX "AA" ASPHERICAL

Hello Dannyboy.

I have the 35 FLE and All I have to say is : It is different, but YES it is better.

Steve Huff said about the LENS :

Yes, I LOVE the latest 35 Summilux ASPH II FLE but I have to say, the rendering of this ASPHERICAL is out of this world delicious. Do not get this confused with the previous 35 Lux ASPH…nope, this is the lens that came out BEFORE that one (around 1990-91) and has the word ASPHERICAL printed on the lens instead of ASPH (which came out in 1994). Its pretty small without the hood attached and not too heavy. The focus ring on this one is smooth though the Aperture rings seems like it needs a cleaning and lubricating, which is always one thing to expect when buying a used 20+ year old lens.

I have written about the 35 Lux ASPH, and the 35 Lux ASPH II FLE but this is the one lens I always dreamed of trying out and here it is. There is not much I can say about it that has not already been said in the other Summilux reviews but it is a SUMMILUX, so it is an f/1.4 aperture lens. It is DOUBLE ASPHERICAL and it is gorgeous! Yep, this lens was VERY hard and expensive to make as it had TWO Aspherical elements that were hand polished. Leica stopped making these after they produced about 1000-2000 of them due to the high costs. They replaced it with the ASPH version which has ONE Aspherical element. THIS “AA” Version is simply breathtaking though and I wish Leica would have re-introduced this version, but I guess we can’t have it all!

The BEST 35?

When I reviewed the latest 35 Lux ASPH II FLE lens I proclaimed it the best 35mm lens you can get for your M9, and this still holds true. It is the best lens you can buy in the 35mm focal length when buying a new lens for your camera. $5000, new, warranty, box and case, and a beautiful “perfect” lens with a modern rendering of your subject with a very smooth look. If I could afford one of those, and if they were actually readily available, I would buy one in a nano-second. The 35 Summilux lenses, all of them…they all have some kind of magic but…but…but… this double Aspherical version seems to have a perfect mix of what I really love. Classic rendering and great color, but also very sharp at the focal point when wide open, which are all ingredients that can add up to some serious fairy dust magic when the light is right. It may not be everyones cup of tea as I remember Ashwin saying he preferred the current FLE Lux to this one as it fits his lens kit better (more modern Leica look) but for some this may be the golden ticket.

You can find a very good review of this lens with some exemples.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/...rical-aa-lens-review-a-classic-full-of-magic/

Thanks.

H

HenriCartier

Physical differences between the ASPHERICAL and the ASPH one...

The lens mount is ‘old school’ Leica. 10 aperture blades for a round opening at all aperture settings. The ASPH had 9 blades. Also, the aperture blades are controlled by 2 pins, Leica used a 1 pin system in the ASPH lens. Focus throw is a bit longer than the ASPH and most modern Leica lenses. Physically its a bit shorter 15mm, a bit lighter at 300gms than the ASPH lens.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Folks your all breaking the rules here. There is NO discussion UNLESS you are a buyer or seller. Read OUR RULES. I'm deleting all comments. You want to buy and sell on this forum than you WILL follow the rules. No exceptions

H

HenriCartier

Last Price : 8500 EUROS.

If no one wants to buy at this price, i'll keep it. :angel:

Thanks.:cool:

D

duke8448

Henri Cartier
Please contact me at Dennis at email [email protected]
Do you still have the 35mm AA for Sale ?
Is it complete with Box ?
What other lens do you have for Sale ??
Payment is by Bank Transfer or COD Paris personally
Thanks Dennis