The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M5 and lenses

nanthor

Changing over my Leica kit again (going to black) so selling off a few really nice items. Description is accurate and as usual, anything you buy can be returned for any reason within a reasonable time.

1. Leica M5 silver (body only). Everything in great shape, about 2 spots with bright marks from wear of camera case, no dents. Interior looks new. Vulcanite 100%. RF spot on, shutter speeds on, all controls work smoothly. Meter works well but needs slight ISO adjustment due to difference in battery voltages nowadays. There is a very light and even haze in VF only seen with flashlight, not noticeable with operation. Comes with body cap. I have a Zhou case on the way for this, it will be included in sale. Withdrawn

2. 135mm hektor f4.5. Lens in exc- cosmetic condition with a few moderate marks on barrel. Focus is smooth, the aperture ring is hard to move unless you grip it fully, it has gummy lubrication on it apparently, DAG says about 80 bucks to re-lube it. The glass, a light and even haze seen with flashlight, not by naked eye, I've used this for pictures and I can't see any effect from the haze, common with these lenses. The haze can be removed, of course, for about 40-50 bucks. Good news on this lens is there are no Marks, fungus, or cleaning marks on the lens, a rare condition. No caps with this lens. $80.00

3. 90mm Elmar collapsible lens. I've gotta call this mint- in both cosmetic and function, smooth focus, aperture clicks perfect, tight/smooth extension. Glass is free of haze, cleaning marks, or any issue. Comes with both caps. A previous owner scrawled a number on the focus ring, argh. $410.00

4. 50mm Summicron DR lens. Mint- cosmetics, smooth focus, nice aperture clicks, NO cleaning marks, never been opened. Has a small half-moon haze inside that disappears by f4, can be cleaned but I've seen no effect on pictures. Again, a number scrawled next to DR mount, arggghhh. $950.00

5. 35mm F3.5 Summaron with goggles, smooth focus, no cleaning marks, very light minor haze seen with flashlight but not with naked eyes, no effect on pics. Screw missing on backside as shown. RF spot on. Very sharp pictures from this. $375.00

I have 2 of the Voigtlander 35mm f2.5 PII lenses as shown on the M5, both for sale. Both come with the VC dedicated hood. The mint-in-box one with both caps and hood would be $390 and the exc+ one with rear cap and hood would be $350. I can send detailed pics of these or any other items to you if you email me at [email protected].

Prices include shipping in the CONUS only, no international sales, sorry but problems and delays are just too common now, even to Canada. Payment can be USPS money order or paypal with 3% added.

Last edited:

nanthor

Here's an update to this sale. I am again listing the M5 for sale. This time with or without the brand new black Zhou 1/2 case. $1000 with and $950 without.
The other items left are;
The Leica 50mm DR lens, just back from CLA to remove haze, now priced at $1100
The Leica 35mm f3.5 Summaron with goggles, just CLA'd, now priced at $400
The Voigtlander 90mm Lanthar lens in silver, mint with caps and hood, $360

Prices include shipping and paypal fees and sale is confined to the CONUS area.

I have a "no questions asked" return policy, buyer pays return shipping.

Superb feedback on RFF, almost perfect 12 year history on auction site with only 1 negative feedback, contact me for detailed explanation of that feedback if interested in my references for sales. Thanks, Bob in Michigan.