The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

IC: Horseman 45LE kit

Stuart Richardson

This is just an interest check -- is anyone interested in a Horseman 45LE monorail camera kit? I am moving soon and I am not sure I should bring this along. I generally use a field camera now, though the monorail camera has much nicer movements and flexibility if you can tolerate the bulk. It is a Horseman 45LE with an expandable rail (in addition to the standard rail), regular bellows, Maxwell Precision Optics Fresnel (really nice), RRS bracket and the Tenba Air Case to put it in. If you intend to do studio work, it's hard to beat a real view camera with geared movements.
I don't really have a better photo of it at the moment, but it looks like this:

It would be without the lens. I don't really have a price in mind yet, but if someone is interested, I am sure we can work something out that is fair for both of us.

Stuart Richardson

It's hard to beat if you can either leave it in a studio or lug it around. I eventually decided to go with a folding Ebony and I find it much better suited to the stuff I do in Iceland -- you can put it in a backpack and hike a bit. The 45LE pretty much requires that you be within 200 feet of a car. Inside that zone, it is a lot nicer to deal with -- the movements are so much easier, more precise and substantial. The ground glass is a lot nicer too.