The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: 35mm Summilux ASPH 6 Bit (non FLE)

Stuart Richardson

I found a very good deal on a 35mm Summilux FLE here in Iceland, so I decided to sell my beloved 35mm Summilux ASPH. It was my most used Leica lens, though this is my second copy (my father stole the first one from me!). The lens is in really excellent shape -- it does not look like it has been used very much, which is a testament to how well built Leica lenses are. You might find some very faint wear marks around the focus ring and hood, but this would require some seriously close examination, and frankly nitpicking. I will not say mint condition, but it is definitely Ex+ as far as KEH would rate. The glass is very clean, and there are not scratches, cleaning marks or haze. You might find a few specks of dust if you shine a flashlight in, but this will happen even with a new lens. The aperture ring and focus ring are both great -- very smooth focus and the aperture has noticeable click stops, yet changes very easily.

Overall the lens is in perfect working order and has the honor of taking many of my best photographs. It is spot on on my M9 at f/1.4, though it does exhibit the characteristic focus shift of the this lens, it is great throughout the range. I cannot guarantee that it will be perfect with your body, as body-lens pairing is a matter that does vary, and if you want to be certain that they are exactly matched, you need to send the lens and body in together. But for most M users, I imagine they will find it to work perfectly.

The lens is 6 bit coded, and comes with the hood, hood cap, rear cap, leather case (unused), the box, the instructions and the test certificate. The box is missing the top foam layer, but I assure any buyer that the lens will be well packed for shipping.

KEH is asking 4799 for this lens in Ex+ condition. You can buy it from me for 4500. I have 100% feedback on eBay, and I have sold a large amount of equipment on here with a perfect record. If you want references, I am sure I can provide them.

Currently, the lens is with me in Iceland, but I am heading to the US for Christmas on Monday. I will be in the US from the 20th to 26th. I could meet someone for a face to face transaction in New York City or CT on one of those days (like the 21st, 22nd or 23rd). Otherwise I can ship the lens out from the US. I have a US based paypal account as well (I am an American citizen), so US buyers would not have to worry about customs or foreign conversions. Buyer pays paypal fees, but I will cover shipping. I will give priority to local or face to face transactions, but if there are none of those, I am happy to ship worldwide.

Please let me know in advance if you have any questions regarding anything -- I have tried to be very careful in describing everything, and I am providing some high resolution pictures. I have had several problems with non-paying bidders, so if you intend to buy the lens, please have the funds ready to pay for it! I will wait a day or two, but not any longer if there is someone else in line behind you who can pay.
Thanks again and I hope this lens finds a happy home! It's one of the best out there...

Some shots taken with the lens:

Stuart Richardson

bump. The lens is still in the US with my family, but I am not. If you are from the US and buy it, it will be sent out to you from the US, and I have a US based paypal account, so it will be as if it were a US sale.