The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Nikon D3x

Sheldon N

Up for sale is a Nikon D3X in absolutely exceptional condition. It has seen very little use, has primarily done closet duty as a backup to a D3S and is being sold to fund purchase of other glass. When used it was primarily for scenic/landscape shooting and was always babied.

Condition of the body is almost as new, with the exception of one small dot on the top of the prism. Everything else is very, very clean. Functionally it has never had any problems and has always delivered exceptional image quality.

In preparation for sale it was sent to Nikon USA for a full preventative clean and check. They cleaned the sensor and the AF unit, and checked focus tracking, imaging, and shutter release as well as a general overall check and clean. The camera arrived back from Nikon yesterday, I took photos of it and snapped one image with the camera to get a current shutter count, then boxed it up. The cost of the clean & check from Nikon was $343.15, and you will be getting the camera essentially straight from the factory as though you'd purchased it new.

It was originally purchased 2 years ago, USA version, single owner camera. Total shutter actuations is 12,117. Sale includes the body, one battery, original box and all papers/accessories.

Price is $6,400. Payment via cashier's check, money order or personal check (needs to clear first). Would prefer to avoid PayPal due to very high fees on a transaction this size, but will aceept it if you'll cover the fees. I don't have a huge posting history here, but do have a great feedback record at Fred Miranda (camera is also posted there).

I will cover the cost of 2nd Day shipping within the US.

Please PM with any questions.

Thanks!

Sheldon