The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2, Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG, RARE White-Gray Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S

D&A

Hi All,

This is a newly revised listing with important additions added to the original description of each item for sale. New lower prices are posted for some of the lenses and additional pics are shown! Please take the time to read the newly added details.

*** First Please note: As usual I am usually on my cell phone, so responding to PM's is sometimes difficult from it. SO PLEASE e-mail me (instead of PM's) at IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions or purchases, although once back at a regular computer, its then of course possible to answer PM's. Thanks!

I am reducing the number of many of my Nikon high end items as entering into the world of Medium Format Digital is costly (besides the recent car repairs that have also cropped up). It's impossible to keep it all, although I wish I could...that is unless I win the lottery (I should be so lucky)

1. First up for sale is my other (2nd copy) of my Nikon Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 AIs Lens. I just sold my other (1st) copy of the Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 lens about 2 weeks ago. The buyer was delighted with the lens! This one up for sale is in somewhat better cosmedic condition...maybe an "E". It still has some marks and small scratches on the barrel, a few black dots and the tiniest air bubbles inside the lens and the tiniest pencil sized dots or two on the front element (all this inconsequential on image quality and has no effect on the resulting image). Glass otherwise is crystal clear, focusing is smooth but there is a bit of play in the focusing ring. In actual use it hasn't been an issue. Aperture ring clicks into each f-stop firmly. Aperture blades are spotless! Comes with Nikon front and rear caps.

This is an incredably low price for this highly sort after lens!

Price is $2295.00 plus shipping/insurance. (If using Paypal, 3% additonal for fees).

2. Next up for sale is my (was in my dads collection) Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S D in rare White-Gray Color! It's stunning! It's totally mint and looks it and was only taken out of the box once! It was tripod mounted only to test and make sure I had a perfect copy. Absolutely flawless as one would expect a a lens like this to be. If I nitpick, I can see one or two almost invisable pencel point dots (marks) on the hood (came out of the box new that way)., and a small single line mark on underside of tripod foot where I mounted a RRS plate (not included) when testing. Comes with all Nikon "import" paperwork, original hard Nikon case, all Nikon caps etc.

One thing I noticed with this essentually new lens is the same thing a photographer aquantence noticed with his Nikon 17-35 f2.8 lens when he purchased his brand new. When these early Af-S lenses sit for a time and then autofcused upon the 1st press of the cameras shutter button, a light AF-S squeak can be heard. After that one initial time upon press of the shutter button, most all subsequent attempts to use lens to autofocus is completely slient! This appears to be quite different than an AF-S that begins to squeak continuously and gets worse due to use. These lenses haven't been used! It seems to be a characteristic of early AF-S lenses

*** Many feel (as I do) that the 80-200 f2.8 AF-S is a far superior performer than the 70-200 f2.8 VRI lenses. This 80-200 f2.8 is sharper into the corners and it's color reproduction is also considered one of Nikon's best.

Price is $1329.00 plus shipping/insurance. (If using Paypal, 3% additonal for fees).

3. ***SOLD!!!!***

Also up for sale is my Nikon Af 50mm f1.4D lens. The glass is pristine and flawless inside and out as is the focusing control, apaerture ring and blades (spotless). Barrel cosmetics are I would say between E and E+, simply that the shiny black plastic on the lens barrel shows some of the usual wear and marks from handling. Nothing to do with it's superb optical performance .Comes with original Nikon center squeeze front lens cap and Nikon rear lens cap. ***The two or three squiggly hairs seen on top the front of the lens (in the posted pic), is simply lint from a sweater and blows off.

A fantastic performing lens at a great price!

Price is $215.00 plus shipping/insurance. (If using Paypal, 3% additonal for fees).

4. Just added....Lastly I'm putting up my Like New (LN) Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 EX DG HSM lens. It was a hand picked sample out of 5 and used just 3-4 times until I went into medium format and put it back in it's box, essentually brand new. Spectatcular lens with best central sharpness wide open compared to all the other autofocus 50mm lenses for Nikon and a bokeh that is extremely close to the legedary Nikkor Noct 58mm f1.2 lens (which is also up for sale in this ad). Lens is flawless, comes with of course original box, caps, hood and paperwork...everything just as packed by Sigma USA.

*** Pics of lens, box etc. are posted in an additional posting below all the other images.

Price is $399.00 plus shipping/insurance. (If using Paypal, 3% additonal for fees).

As reference, I've done many transactions (brought and sold) here on Getdpi as well as all the other usual forums and each one went perfectly and was a pleasure. I've also been on ebay for over 13 years with 1369 pure positives (no neutrals or negatives).

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks for taking the time to look at these items.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Re: Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2, RARE White-Gray Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S, Nikon 50 f1.4 AFD

Here is a sample hand held shot taken with the Nikon Noct 58mm f1.2 wide open in poor lighting I quickly took. It demonstrates the unbeliveable dreamy bokeh of this legedary lens. It's sharpness, even wide open is also legendary.

Last edited:

D&A

Re: Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2, RARE White-Gray Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S, Nikon AF 50 f1.4D

Hi,

Just a quick update on items for sale in this listing. The Nikon AF 50mm f1.4D lens has now been sold. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Re: Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2, RARE White-Gray Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S, Nikon AF 50 f1.4D

At the time when I was strictly shooting with 35mm format...it is/was a lens I didn't want to be without. Besides the extremely unique way it draws an image (and of course along with it's well known bokeh), the almost complete lack of coma when reproducing points of light, makes it near a one of a kind lens for the 35mm SLR (DSLR) format.

*** Just to Note....I just added to this FS listing my Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 Ex DG HSM lens . Details can now be found in the main description (above) and pics of lens, box etc. are below! Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

D&A

Hi All,

New Lower prices and info on two of the lenses up for sale (above)...

1. Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S D lens in rare white-gray color. Price is now reduced to $1275.00 plus shipping/insurance. (If using Paypal, 3% additonal for fees). I briefly tested this lens out with Nikon's latest 1.4x and 2x teleconverters and center to edge resolution was far superior to Nikon's 70-200 f2.8 VRI with and without the same teleconvertes and Sigma's incredably sharp 100-300 f4 without and with the 1.4x. Optically the lens is just about on par with the current Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VRII but without VR. The Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S may be one of Nikon's best hidden bargins.

2. Nikon Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 lens is now at a lower price of $2195.00 plus shipping/insurance, making this one of the lowest priced Noct-Nikkors around. (If using Paypal, 3% additonal for fees). Little needs to be said about this legendary performing lens and shots with it continue to amaze me. The one up for sale is certainly not a perfect copy and closer to a users lens but what images it's capable of capturing, especially of dusk and scences with single points of like an/or capturing images with smooth buttery bokeh that rivals some of the best of Leica's fast glass, this lens in the DSLR world has few peers.

*** Again, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions.

Thanks for taking the time to look at these items.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All

*** OK, just about the final price drop for some of the most desirable and hardest to obtain Nikon Lenses described above.....

1. The outstanding performing mint/boxed Nikon 80-200 f2.8 AF-S in rare Gray-White color is now $1159.00 plus shipping (terms described above). This lens easily outperforms the Nikon 70-200 f2.8 VRI with and without teleconverters and closely matches the current 70-200 VRII edge to edge. I described my test findings above and another advantage of this lens is the relative lack of focus breathing thats found with the VRII.
$1159.00 is simply an incredable price for this outstanding lens!

2. The always highly desirable Niko Noct-Nikkor 58mm f1.2 is now priced at $1995.00 (plus shipping...terms described above)...one of the lowest priced Noct's anywhere. It's not a perfect sample and does have about a 1mm play in the focusing ring and all other observations as described in my description above, but optically it performs wonderfully in real world conditions and easily matched my somewhat better condition "other Noct" which I sold a few weeks ago.
If you always desired a Noct for it's legendary sharpness and dreamy like bokeh, here is your chance at an entry level price of $1995.00 .

*** Again as always, please e-mail me (instead of sending a PM), at---> IRGdme "at" AOL "dot" Com. with any questions since PM's on my cell phone during daytime are a bit difficult.

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All,

The Nikon Noct-Nikkor is now sold!

***** I still have the mint/, virtually brand new boxed rare "white" Nikon 80-200 f2.8 Af-S for sale. A few have gotten very close to purchasing but it's still available at this moment. A tremendous performing lens and value for those looking for Nikon's latest 70-200 f2.8 VRII, but at a much lower price (and of course without VR). See my testing and comments "above". As icing on the cake, it's rare White-Gray color enhances its collector value and to the value/investment of the lens

Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi All...an Update.

The Nikon "white" 80-200 f2.8 AF-S lens is now sold! (pending clearance of funds).

*** I havn't been mentioning it very much, but the fabulous Sigma AF 50mm f1.4 in this FS ad is still available! It was the best out of 5 samples I tested (see details above). Interestingly a number of shootouts recently have subjectively shown that the Sigma 50 has possibly the overall best combination of speed, shapness and lovely bokeh of all the major available 50mm lenses for Nikon mount.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Final Update:

All Lenses listed in this "For Sale" ad have now been sold. A big thank you for all those who not only purchased the lenses but also for those that made serious inquiries and provided interesting conversations. Thanks Getdpi!

Dave (D&A)