The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: User Leica M3DS

PatrickCheung

I'm selling a Leica M3 Double Stroke body. I bought this in august from Dale Photo Digital, a retailer in the states for about $800. It's been kept in pretty much the same condition as I got it, even with all the imperfections.

This definitely a user camera. It works fine, exposures are correct on all speeds, viewfinder and rangefinder is bright and clear. Everything works smoothly. It's a little old, so the light seals may be getting a little worn. I've had light leaks happen when I leave the camera for long periods of time with no cap on the lens. But as long as you keep a cap on when you're not shooting, it should be fine.

There are a few scuffs on the body, the most significant ones being on the top plate, where it seems like the previous owner mounted a meter, and one on the right side of the back of the camera, near the strap lug, where there seems to be a bit of wear from a strap ring/strap.

There's also a dent on the bottom plate.

All the imperfections have been documented in the photos.

I'm looking for about $500. If you think the price is unfair, don't be afraid to bargain, just... be respectful please!

I'm more than willing to consider trades for M-Mount lenses!

I'm located in Toronto until Jan 2, but I'll be extremely busy. I'm moving to Cambridge, Ontario (Canada) on the 2nd for school.

Sample photos taken from this camera (With VC 35/2.5 Color Skopar, scanned on Epson V500)

You can see the light leak on this one: