The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss 50mm F1.5 Sonnar West Germany, M-mount 6-bit coded

llama

A classic post-war West German Carl Zeiss Sonnar from the 1950s in exceptional condition! Serial number 1608856.

This lens has received a complete CLA from Henry Scherer at Zeiss Camera (the receipt will be provided) and is in exceptional condition. Glass is perfect and clear with no separation, no fungus, no haze, no scratch, etc. It gives a very beautiful classic rendering with subtle tones. The mechanical construction is as good as it gets, i.e. better built than any Leica lens made after the 60s. All components are Zeiss, i.e. not a mix and match with E.German or Russian parts.

Also included is the Amedeo M-mount adapter ($270) to mount to Leica M-bodies. This adapter is made from solid brass with indents for 6-bit coding.

Reason for selling: Downsizing my lens collection and because I don't use my M8 very often.

$1090 shipped and Paypal included.

llama

Note:

1. There is a small ding on the filter ring. You have to look for it.

2. Some teflon lubricant is visible when you step down. This was applied as part of CLA to keep apertures smooth. All the old lubricant (e.g. petroleum based grease) has been removed. This is a modern synthetic that will not deteriorate. Henry (Zeiss Camera repair) says this will not pose problems.

I want to stress that this is an original classic lens, its condition is amazing, but it's not a shrink-wrapped lens you buy in a store. I am being conservative, of course, but I don't want any surprises.

llama

Photo 1 and 2 shows the lube on the lower right blade.
Photo 3 shows ding (see white spot) on the filter ring.